Chapter 13: Forgiveness

I hope you guys enjoy this chapter. This one is a lot more calm then the last one was. It's when they find a way to forgive each other. ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chapter 13: Forgiveness

EMALIA'S POV. 

I carefully make my way down the stairs, taking extra care not to step the wrong way or trip over my own two feet. I hold onto the railing for dear life incase I slip. I have never worn high heels and it feels weird, but Charles said that tonights dinner was going to be a night to remember so I thought I would celebrate by wearing fancy shoes. He also said there is supposed to be dancing. He asked me if it would be okay if he invited a few friends and their wives over for dinner and dancing with us and I agreed. It will be nice to interact with more people then just two on occasion. 

I make my way to the dinning room and the door is opened for me by a man I have not see before, he is dressed in a tuxedo or sorts, but not a fancy one. He looks a lot like a butler of some kind, maybe he will be serving us this evening while Rosie is in the kitchen cooking our meal. I smile at him, "Thank you, kind sir." He smiles back at me. 

"You are most welcome, Lady Anderson. May I escort you to your seat? Or will Sir Anderson be doing that this evening?"

"You know, Sir, I am not quite sure myself..."

"I will escort her to her seat, thank you, Middleton," comes Charles's masculine voice behind me. I turn around and smile at the man standing in front of me. He is dressed up nicely, clean and handsome. 

"Well, Sir Anderson, you sure do clean up well," I say to him with a wink that only he can see."

He grabs my arm firmly, but not hard, it is comforting actually. "So do you, Lady Anderson. I must say, you have never looked more ravishing then you do right now. Here is your seat," he pulls my chair out for me and I sit down in it. I am sitting next to the head chair of the table. He pushes my chair in and continues on sitting in his spot at the head of the table. 

"Good evening ladies and gentlmen! I hope you are having a wonderful time so far. I would like you to meet, Lady Anderson." He then whispers to me, "Please stand up so they can all see you better."

I do as he says and stand up I wave at the groupd of guests and say, "It is nice to see you all. I look forward to meeting all of you and chating a bit later on or during dinner." I sit back down in my chair and smile as I look around the faces seated at this table. 

Some of the men gave their women the okay to wave back and say compliments and introductions. I feel kind of sorry for those women and some of them weren't even able to say anything to me or even so much as wave at me. They weren't able to because apparently men are supposed to rule over their wives and tell them what they cn and cannot do with their lives and their time, but not me. 

 I see the man that opened the door for me before, he is waiting by the kitchen door. I see Rosie poke her head out and hand him two trays of food. He walks over to the table on the opposite side that I am on and places the two trays in front of two people and lifts the lids and goes into the kitchen. When he comes out he no longer has the two tray lids, but two more trays. 

He continues to deliver food trays and bring back the lids. Everyone at the table waits until the last two people get their tray before digging into the delicious smelling meal. The alst two people to get their trays, happen to be me and Charles. Charles stands up from his chair. "Let the feasting on this beautiful evening, begin!" He shouts and then sits down and everyone starts to eat.