Chapter 9: Dinner With Duke Charles

I hope you all enjoy this chapter too. This chapter is about her telling him what she has come to understand about her feelings and what she decides to do about what she knows so far. In this chapter, they have dinner and after dinner they discus these things. 

I know that I haven't had a chapter with Charles's POV in a while, but I'm getting there. I need to finish all of this stuff with Emalia first before I switch to his POV. Enjoy guys!!!!!!!!

Chapter 9: Dinner With Duke Charles

EMALIA'S POV.

I step onto each step carefully as I walk down the big staircase to the dining room. I notice when I walk in, that Charles has already taken his place at the table. He is sitting in his usual seat and looking at the door I am now standing in. I am guessing he was watching for my entrance, making sure that I was going to keep my end of this deal. Well, I did, Charles, I did. He looks at me, finally seeming to see me and he smiles. His smile a generous white, pearly one. I smile back at him and blush a little. 

'Well, hello there, Miss Emalia, ma Cheré. How was your day?"

"It was quite good, Charles. I did do a lot of thinking and actually, I did want to talk to you about that after dinner. How was your day Charles?"

"Mine, Emalia, was quite well indeed. I got a load of work done on my land here and I even had some time to go into town to pick up a few things that I was in need or and have been for some time. Thank you for asking. I have to admit though, deep down I was hoping that you would tell me something of your thinkings today at the dinner table. I care about you and I would really like to know if I can do anything to make you more comfortable here with me or in my house."

"Oh, Charles, you have done quite a bit for me. There is no need to do more, at least not for right now. I am quite comfortable here, with you and in your home. You have given me nothing to complain about so, therefore, there is nothing I need complain about."

"I am glad to hear it! Rosie, is dinner ready? If not when will it be ready?"

"One minute, please, Charles. Dinner will be right out, Dear, I promise."

Okay, it does smell delicious. I do wonder though, if her being a little out of schedule with dinner has anything to do with what I overheard the other day in the kitchen and again in the dining room. Well, I have no clue what it means, so it musn't have too much meaning to it. 

Just then Rosie walks through the kitchen door leading to the dining room, she is holding a tray with a lid on it. She places the tray gently on the table and pulls the lid off, revealing the food beneath it. The smell wafts from the uncovered food and the smell is simply tantalizing to say the least.

"Here you are, you two young ones. Your dinner is served." She takes the two plates from the tray and sets one in front of me and the other in front of Charles. We both stare at the food as Rosie leaves the room. This dish looks gorgeous, both in size and in quality.

"Well, Miss, dig in why don't you? It is good food and you do love food. I have notices that on more than one occasion. So, what is it you are waiting for, Madame?"

"Nothing, Charles, nothing." I grab my fork and dig in to the best meal I have ever had. I am not quite sure what it is or was, but I do know that it is extreme in flavor and I cannot resist wanting more. 

"That was some great food. Wouldn't you agree, Emalia?"

"Oh, yes, yes, yes. A thousand times yes! I have never tasted something so delectable in all my years!"