Chapter 4: New Feelings

I hope you guys enjoy this chapter as well. I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH GOD I CAN HARDLY CONTAIN MY EXCITEMENT THIS IS ONE OF THE LONGEST STORYS I'VE EVER WRITTEN SO FAR AND I REALLY HOPE THAT I FINISH THIS ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ENJOY!!!!!!!!

Chapter 4: New Feelings

EMALIA'S POV.

 After dinner he had his lady, Mrs. Bentley, or Rosie, as she likes me to call her, to show me to the room I will be staying in, the room that she made up for me. Along the far wall is a floor to ceiling bookshelf filled with dozens of colorful book covers, that I no doubt will enjoy reading during my stay here. Along the opposite wall from the door, there sits a big mahogany desk, like the one in Duke Charles's office, but a smaller version. The desk is neat and has papers stacked on it and ink wells and quills to write with. Along the wall to my left, there is situated a gigantic bed of what must be king sized, by the looks of it. It's covered in gold, shimmering, silk sheets and a fuzzy looking warm comforter for warmth during cold nights.

I turn and smile at Rosie and say my thank you as I enter and start to explore the room. I slip off my shoes and step onto the carpet. It's a bit grungy from lack of cleaning, but then again Rosie didn't have much time to fix up a room for me to stay in, but I imagine that she will be cleaning the carpets regularly as long as I am staying here. Other than the grungy feel of the carpet, it is quite soft and warm under my bare feet. I walk up to one of the five windows I have in my room and pull open the red velvet curtains and look out into the land that Charles owns here. It is very beautiful and full of life; he also owns about 10 acres of forestry that hasn't been touched, to my satisfaction. I love life, I love being able to see it all around me, not only human life, but the life of the wild and not wild creatures and brush and trees.

I am startled from my thoughts when I hear a knock at my open bedroom door. "May I enter, Miss Emalia?" Charles's voice is gentle and hopeful.

"Yes, Charles, you may enter. I must say, this is quite a lovely room you had fixed up for me to stay in. I rather like the way it looks, I wouldn't have chosen a better room for me to stay in while I am here."

"I'm glad you are enjoying my choice. This bedroom was my sister's bedroom when I was living here with my parents as a young child. I remember her loving this room and never wanting to leave it, sometimes not even for dinner," a lovely smile stretches out across his face and it makes me smile too as I listen to him talk about his family.

"She must have had a very smart sense of good housing," I say back knocking him out of his thought process.

"Oh, yes, she loved everything to do with different kinds of clothing styles and trendy upholstery, she loved it all. She'd spend hours up here making clothes for herself out of the brand new curtains my parents had gotten her for the seventh time that year. They got mad when they found out she'd ruined those ones too. I even remember her asking if she could use my curtains to make something. Ha ha ha, the good old days," he laughs out.

"Seems like you have a pretty brilliant family," I smile at him widely.

 A frown finds its way onto his face, "Yeah, well, not anymore. I did have a pretty brilliant family, but we did have our bad times, on occasion every family does though, but they were pretty amazing most of the time. They will never be that way again though...." he trails off, going into his own little world.

"I'm sorry," I said, unable to say anything else and not knowing what else to say to him. "I'm sorry," I said again, walking over to the bed and sitting.