Chapter 14: Market Day

I hope you all enjoy this chapter as well. This is about Charles taking Emalia to the market to get the gardening supplies and plants and seeds that she wants to plant on his kand and around his house. Please enjoy.

Chapter 14: Market Day

EMALIA'S POV.

I wake up to furious knocking at my bedroom door. I don't even remember going to sleep last night, but I must have because I am laying in my bed and in a night dress. I swing the blankets off of me and jump out of bed and rush to the door. I swing it opne and yell, "What! Can't a girl get some sleep around here without being disturbed for it!?" I look up into beautiful sparkling blue eyes, the ones that can make me melt inside and out, figuratively. "Charles, I did not know that it was you or I wouldn't have yelled."

"I am sorry for disturbing you from your resting, Emalia, but I have a surprise for you if you will put on some realy clothes and meet mer downstairs as soon as you can." He smiles that wicked, evil-like grin at me and I know there is something he is planning.I nod my head and close the door on him.

I turn around and run to my linen closet to pick out a dress for today. I pick out a lavish, silk, blue one. One to match Charles's eyes and I put it on in a hurry. I grab my slipper shoes and stuff my feet into them. After that is all done, I quickly make my bed and then run to the door, swing it open and race out, without even shutting the door.

I throw myself toward the staircase and fly down them. In a matter of minutes I am down at the front door, standing and waiting for Charles. I am antsy for him to tell me what he is planning. I like surprises, but I like them better when I know what they are. "Charles," I yell up the stairs, "Hurry up, I'm waiting. You should never keep a lady waiting!"

"I'm right here, Emalia." He walks out of his office. He is dressed, not in his best, but not too far behind and now I am glad for my choice in dress to wear today. He is dressed in a button up shirt and a suit jacket that is unbuttoned and black. 

"What are you planning , Charles? I may like surprises, but you can't keep me waiting too long or I will burst into flames from the anxiety of it all. Certainly you can tell me now, what it is you have planned."

"I, Emalia, want to take you to the market today. Remember how you were telling me what you want to do to this place? Well, I have decided that I rather like those ideas of yours and I would like to put you in charge of the whole project. How does that sound?"

"It sounds just wonderful, charles. Oh, Charles, this is  wonderful. I don't know what to say." I smile widely at him, feeling elated and happier than I have ever been. 

"Good, then we will be going soon and I will gladly pay for everything, the supplies you will need, the seeds, the plants, all of it. After all, it is my land you will be redecorating, the least I can do is pay for all the financing in it. I hope you will enjoy yourself today at themarket picking out all sorts of flowers and plants and seeds. I will enjoy watching you do it."

"Oh, Charles, you are such a generous man. Did I ever tell you that?"

"Yes, I believe you have, but I wouldn't at all mind if I heard yopu say it again." He smiles that wicked evil grin at me again, he has been doing that quite a bit lately.

"Well, you are a very generous man, Charles. The most generous man I have evr known, even my father was not this generous and you haven't yet crossed the line of too generous." I smiles, pretty pleased with myself.

"Shall we go then , Emalia?"

"We shall, Charles." I smile at him, a sort of evil, wicked grin myself and he winks at me. He takes my arm in his and we walk out the front door and down the path to the carriage. He opens te door and grabs my hand to help me in. He climbs in behind me and closes the carriage door. He knocks on the inside of the carriage wall to signal th driver to start going and we are off.