You'll never be her

"Come in!"

My hand reaches the door and pushes it open. With his hands held together behind him, dad was standing by the opened window, eyes closed and head up.

"Lunch is ready," I said almost whispering.

He looked at me and his eyes smiled.

"Is Alexia here?" He asked walking to his office.

"Right on time"

He sat down and pulled his glasses out of its case, which means "update me".

"Well," I said  "Alexia is doing great as usual. Luna is having a little trouble in her midterms but I already hired a tutor... and Lili got a new tattoo"

at that moment he laid back and shook his head yet I continued.

" Caterina got honored by her college faculty for being something environmental while Sisilia is going on a trip with some of the professors to china to dig out some bones. Celina wants to double major but her college didn't let her and I'll go with her to see why"

I walked closer to his office with my hand held together.

"and last but not least our baby Chris is in love again but this time with some nerd that I checked and turned out to be nerdier than Cate but it's OK she got perfect SAT scores and she applied for some great colleges"

"What's the tattoo say ?" He asked.

"Something in Chinese" I simply answered.

He let out a sigh and stood up. he walked to me and rested both of his hands on my shoulders.

"What would I do without you" he smiled.

"You would still be a great father" I reflected on his smile.

He looked at my eyes and his face changed all at once.

"You forgot to update me about someone," he said and I knew who he is talking about.

I knew that but I don't know what to say.

I'm not OK, I don't think I'll ever be near ok, I'm killing more people by the second and The police is on my back all the time... So which one of those I should mention?

"I'm OK"

yes, I think that's a good answer.

I knew he knew I'm lying but he decided to let it slide this time. Again.

"Let's go get lunch shell we," he said smiling taking my hand in his.

I can't let him get worried about me, it's Lili's job.

We got down and the girls were sited, the moment dad walked in behind me they all jumped at him like monkeys except Cate who rearranged her hair so it would cover half of her face, she quickly kissed his cheek and turned so he won't notice the red hand printed in her cheek.

We all took a seat and started eating, Chris set next to me and laid her head on my shoulder eating her food piece by piece with her hand.

"Chris!"  Said Lex but Chris just smiled and ignored her.

"So, what's new with you girls?" He asked smiling and he looked to Lex " let's start with you babe because I'm hungry and I don't want to lose my appetite yet" and he threw a cold look towards Lili.

"Well the work is great" she talked so normal like she didn't just slap her sister a minute ago "I'm going to Paris next week and I'm going to stay there for two months"

"Two months?" Dad was surprised "isn't that too much ?"

"I know dad but I kind of has to," she said looking down to her plate.