Spread the news

Maybe I wasn't meant to have a life.

Love?

Safety?

Warmth?

No matter how hard I try, I don't belong to that world. Because where ever I go, the cold darkness will always follow me.

What the hell was I thinking unlocking that door. Like somehow things would change for me and I can be...

Well, it doesn't matter now.

Even though it was hard to close the door again I did it, and soon enough I was senseless again. Only this time I accepted this numbness and embraced it. As the days passed by, that door completely vanished.

So...Goodbye door.

°°°°°°

04:00 Am in the twins' bedroom.

"Can I ask you one thing?"

It was late, everyone was asleep. This was his only chance to see the girls without being noticed.

If I'm doing this I have to do it right with no louse ends.

"Until when?" I asked again.

I was in the dark corner waiting for him to come in. But he didn't.

"Come in, look at their faces, touch their cheeks and hold their tiny hands" I said again but he didn't even move or answer.

"They can feel you you know? They are drawn to you. You think by this they'll be safe but you're only attracting them to the darkness where you hide. The same darkness you always hated and wanted to walk away from".

The patio's door opened and from the darkness, he emerged.

The marvelous Maylo Razzione.

This time he wasn't in his usual black suit. He was wearing black leggings and a matching hoodie.

"How did you..."

Wrong question...

"No time for that..." I said cutting him off.

I stepped out of the darkness myself and walked to where the girls were asleep.

My last gift to you ...

I raised my eyes and stared into his worried ones. I know a lot of questions must be rushing through his head but I don't have the time to answer them at all. I walked to the rocking chair on the opposite side of the baby's crib and sat down.

"I understand that it'll be hard for you to adjust and that you don't believe that I can do it and to be honest, I don't plan on taking time to convince you"

"Do what exactly Emilia?" he asked.

"Don't worry you'll get the news" I said standing up.

"Just for now You have to step down from it all" I said again "I'll be in charge, for both families"

"So you'll be the court and the executioner at the same time" he snickered " 

"Exactly"

"And you think if you'll do that we'll simply be free?" He said.

"The shit we've done, the people we killed. Do you believe that the past will never follow us? Do you think we can simply put that behind us like it didn't happen?"

"Like I said" I answered him "it won't be easy but it can happen, that of course if you don't get scared from the idea that everything you ever wanted you can simply have it"

He looked at me in a way I couldn't understand.  I thought he would laugh or be mad, I mean these are the only reactions I usually get from him. But this time, I can't deny that I was thrown back by what he did. I don't remember maylo ever getting close and touching me. But when he held my face with both of his hands I felt weird in my chest.

"I don't know exactly what got into you, I mean I know you're already messed up in your head but still you can't go this far" and he dropped his hands and rested them on my shoulders.

"you can't die!" he said " I don't know what's going on in this head of yours just know that you can't die! And this! Will not only get you killed, but it will also get us all killed"

He kept looking and searching in my eyes for anything that'll tell him that I don't mean any of this but when he saw nothing in them, his features changed to something I know very well , Fear.

"Stop them from looking for me" I said freeing myself from his hands " No matter what don't let them come for me"

"Fine... I'm not gonna stop you just tell me what will you do..." He stopped and shook his head " No, how.. How will you do it?"

"I said what I wanted to say" I whispered and walked to the door "Goodbye Maylo and just so you know, you're free to be selfish" And I left the room.

On my way out of this mansion. With my hand, I brushed every door along the hallway.

Alexia

Luna

Liliana

Sicilia

Caterina

Celina

Christina

I'm sorry...

I'm sorry that I am no longer alive nor dead. So sorry to have become this ghost. A ghost that roams the house's hallways and your lives unseen and unfelt. 

As I opened the front gate, Steve was smoking by the side of the car.

"What now boss" he asked.

"Spread the news dear" I said taking the cigarette from his hands taking a long drag from it.

"That Emilia Razzione has gone mad" and I let go of the smoke along with other things out of my lungs.