What more secrets do you hide

Things had been tough at first but as I expected my girls were up for the task.

The only thing that was hard, is gaining the order to the streets again, I think that I had killed this month more than I did in a year. Hearing a young women is in charge of the court got them to underestimate us, yet, Caterina knew where and who to hit for them to fear her. She was exactly like I thought she would be. Angry and cold-blooded.

Sisilia and I had our fun too. I always thought Maylo was crazy but that was before I worked with her. She was a real Razzione.

Alexia kept seeing her therapist, the nightmares didn't stop. And that really effected her badly. Thankfully, Lara was there for her. She and Chris took really good care of the twins. It was weird for Lara to suddenly move in with us but no one complained or asked questions, instead, we were grateful.

1Am...

I just parked the car on the other side across our house. I just didn't want to wake anybody at this late hour. I left my eyes from my watch to see the light coming from the babies's room and Something told me it wasn't good.
The guard opened the gate for me and I walked in. Three cars are missing, Sisilia's, Caterina's and luna's.

I opened the back door to the kitchen quietly and walked in, one of the maids was up, she looked tired and sleepy. I asked her why she was still awake and she instantly said that she was awake in case someone needed her. What a lie it was! I walked towards her and placed my hand on her shoulder.

"Look at me Alex" I said quietly "do I look like I believe you?"

She looked at me then she looked down.

"Now" I said "what is it?"

"Last night around midnight I thought I saw someone" she said keeping her eyes down " I rushed to the guards but when we looked through the security cameras there was nothing but I couldn't just sleep and leave the house unguarded"

"Where did you see it exactly?" I asked.

"The babies balcony" she said.

She was surprised at my calmed features. I patted her shoulder and told her to go and sleep. She objected at first but she left eventually.
I don't know who exactly it was but I had an idea on who it can be.
I went up to the second floor and walked to Chris's room first, I opened the door and saw her cuddling Alexia who was all over the bed. Then,I headed to the girls room.

I got closer to the cradle and one of them was wide awake and just playing with a golden necklace I knew it was Chris's.

"Hi Emma" I whispered and she looked at me "What's keeping you awake?"

I got to my knees and rested my shin on the edge of the cradle.

"And what's keeping you up?" I asked Lara.

"You wolf" she said coming from behind taking a sit facing us.

"I smelled you from down the stairs" I said without looking at her.

" I couldn't sleep" she said fixing her long skirt "I was afraid the fever may come back"

"Emma?" I asked.

"No" she said.

I looked at Loretta and her face was slightly pale. My heart ached and Lara felt that.

"Don't worry" she said calmly " she's fine now"

I didn't know what to say next, plus, I didn't want to talk at all. I just wanted to look at the girls.

Suddenly after a while of silence, my phone vibrated in my jacket, I picked it up and it was Sis.

"What is it?" I asked.