Dangerous is safe

When you hear the word "Mafia" you think of killing, stealing, drugs, and weapons... Well, that's not entirely true.

There are Mafia's who play the role of the court, A family that organizes the business between the other families so they don't interfere with the other's work... And that role is played by my family, the "Razzione".

As a family, we are known for our justice and fairness among the other families. we simply have no enemies and no specific allies. our job is to solve the problems and came up with reasonable solutions for both of the conflicted parties.

My father, Markus Razzione II is known as the hardest of the Razzione's men who took a part in the court, he is the first who took the liberty of punishing the uncooperative families when it comes to disobedience, and he was creative and good at that.

Everything was under clear and strict laws. There were some disapprovals at first but they were soon handled by me.

°°°°

My father wasn't always at home with us, even though he tried his best to be around on important occasions.

So I, as the eldest of my 7 sisters, was more of the father, mother, and friend to them. I fed them, dressed them, made it to every bally practice, Christmas's plays, I was there for them, prom shopping, first date preparations, first heartbreak, I was always there.

As I did all of that, I never had time for myself. I didn't have time to even see that I was.. not well.

It all was hard work.. yet not at all hard.

I don't know why or when or how but... I don't feel. I don't get mad or tired neither do I feel happy or sad. I just don't feel. And I only found out when it was too late for me to do something about it, also I couldn't. I'm the only one in my family that should not have any problems because I'm the fixer.. the stable wall.
I knew that something was off and that there's something wrong that needs fixing but it was never the time, I can't stop and deal with it. I was always needed, so I hid it and covered it ... And it got worst.

°°°°°°

"Dangerous is safe," he said when I ask him.

Since I got kidnapped years ago, my father realized that his family will always be in danger. he was worried about the girls so he had to show them that being the court family doesn't mean that we are weak and vulnerable. It was for our sake that he choose to take more severe solutions, and I knew that a family of 8 girls doesn't say much powerful or dangerous so... I took the role of the cold-blooded murderer, for my family's sake.

I had to show them that a woman can be scary too and Markus Razzione's family should be feared.

Ever since my father took over the court, he isn't allowed to have any form of business. so I, after a lot of persuading, joined my uncle's part of the business along with his kids, Maylo and Rafael, who more than welcomed me among them.

I was in charge of the weapon supplies and it wasn't any easy but I managed it in no time.

Now, I'm only 28 years old but I have made for myself a memorable name that when people hear, they turn whiter than the snow.

°°°°°°

Even though I'm in the business, I never forget to check on the girls.

Alexia is 25 years old and she works in some fashion magazine.

Luna, Liliane, Caterina, Sicilia, and Celina are still in college while our youngest, Christina, is 17 just a senior in high school.

My relationship with the girls is not bad, well except for Caterina, she seems somehow... mad at me. I don't know why and to be honest, I don't care why. she's safe and that's what's important... For dad.

°°°°°°

"Hey girls!" Yelled Christina from upstairs.

"It's amazing how loud she is!" said Celina putting down the salad.

" it's three storehouses and still you can hear her as if she's in the next room!"

I wiped my hands and walked to the stairs.

"What?" I yelled back.

"Have you seen my red velvet skirt?" She yells again.

I looked around to the girls crossing my arms.

"There's a chance that I may left it in my apartment," said Luna biting her bottom lip "sorry"

I turn around to the stairs again.

"Sweety I think I took it to the dry cleaner" I lied for Luna so hell won't break loose, at least not today.

Luna run and hugged me smiling.

"Thanks," she said "I promise to send it next week"

"Tomorrow," I said and turned to the kitchen to help Sisilia.

Today, my dad asked us all to meet for lunch, so we all cooked all dad's favorite food.

Alexia is late, as always. Christina is overdressing like it's a runway show, not just a family lunch. Caterina is on my back with her lame, if I cared, mean comments while Liliane is trying to cover and ignore those comments by distracting me with meaningless subjects.

only if she knows.

I took out the fruit and placed it on a plate. I handed it to Caterina across the counter for her to put it on the table.

"Thank you, mom!" She smiled sarcastically "it looks beautiful!".

As always I just ignored her and looked to Sicilia.

"I'm going upstairs to call dad," I said and without waiting for her answer.

I walked out of the kitchen to stop a few steps behind the door. I don't why I just did it.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Said Luna.

"What?" Said Caterina dryly " it didn't even bother her"

"I swear if you don't stop this," said Liliane dropping something on the table.

"Why are you all so mad for? She doesn't care what I say about her! She's dead inside! I don't.."

And before she finishes her words, I heard a loud noise. I stepped closer to the door to see what happened, and it was Alexia. she was standing in front of Caterina who her head has turned aside with her hair covering her face and I knew that Alexia had slapped her.

"Lex!" Whispered Luna.

With her eyes still fixed on Cate's face, Alexia lifts her hand to stop anyone from talking, and with her other hand, she lifts Cate's chin to meet her gaze.

"Don't you ever dare and speak about Emilia or any of you older sisters like that" she said with a cold tone lifting her eyebrows " am I clear?"

I have never lifted my hand and hurt any of the girls in all my life. so for Alexia to do that was ... New.

" I said am I clear ?" She asked again.

"As clear as your pretty eyes," said Cate not braking eye contact pretending the slap didn't affect her, but it did.

Lex smiled at her and walked past her to Luna who was still staring with wide eyes.

"Where is dad?" She asked putting down her purse.

"Em went to get him" answered Luna looking away.

And at that moment I silently walked up to dad's office.