Into the void

Breath... Just breath.

It'll be alright as long you keep your  breaths steady..

But wait.... Something is off.

Something bad yet ... familiar.

I slowly opened my eyes and looked down to my hands.

They're cold! I'm cold !

It's been so long since I felt cold.
or maybe that cold never really disappeared and I always felt cold but I just didn't focus on it.

Only this cold is different. it was alarming, as if my body is warning me from what's coming my way.

All I wanted in that moment is  to call Rafael and tell him that I'm feeling cold and scared.

Scared...

Yes

I am scared!!

But I can't be scared, not now.

So...

Breath... Just breath.

It'll be alright as long you keep your  breaths steady..

°°°°°°

Jeremey was right.

Marcus was kidnapped and that thing by the docks was really an invitation. For some reason, someone wants to see me.

I decided that I should go alone, in that way they'll know that I came in peace. anything would seem like a danger to them, which they have the right to think so since I killed the kid they sent.

I arrived at 2 in the morning  and as I expected, some men were waiting for me at the gate when I arrived to Italy. 3 cars and 10 men. One of them walked my way smiling with annoyingly bright eyes.

"signorina Emilia. ti stavamo aspettando, benvenuto" he said " here... this car" pointing to the car in the middle.

He took my suitcase and walked back to the car. I looked to the men in front of me and they were all the same size and height. None of them moved an inch from his place, none of them looked at me, they just kept starring ahead.

I put back my sunglasses and walked to the middle car. Just then they all moved and We all drove off at the same time.

I threw my bag in the site next to me, feeling the knifes that I wrapped around my back and stomach calmed me a little.

I looked outside the window to the high buildings and the passing people. It was all new to me yet, I felt nothing. It annoyed me so I closed my eyes and thought about the way I felt when I saw the mountains that day. Yet nothing came to me. I can't feel shit.

For a moment, I felt someone's looking at me and when I opened my eyes I looked at the driver. he was an old man. Head bald and there's a scare in the back of his neck. Even though he's not looking at me now, I felt his eyes on me before. When he felt that I was still starring at him, he spoke.

"Assomigli tanto a tua madre"

"you look so much like your mother" he said as if explaining why he was looking at me.

That resemblance again, me looking like her, still don't like it.

But For a reason, I felt that it wasn't a compliment, I couldn't do nothing but ignore it.

"Afterarà un inferno"

"It's going to be hell" he sights.

He doesn't speak English, I thought to myself.