Chapter 23 - Don't Poke the Bear-er-I mean Wolf

Asher's POV

As Emersyn closes the bathroom door, I lean my head back against the headboard and close my eyes. I try to use this moment alone to gather my thoughts, but my head is still spinning from all of the new information I've been given in such a short time. The one thing I know for certain is that I love Ivy. Also, if my time with Emersyn is anything to go by, then I can definitely see myself falling for her. The differences between the two of them are evident. Emersyn's voice is a bit deeper with a huskiness that is clearly all wolf. And those eyes, oh my cheese, those eyes. It is like they are glowing from the inside. Even her facial expressions are completely unique. Em is so complex, playful one second, then serious the next. She is also very affectionate. Not that Ivy doesn't show affection, she does, a lot. But their methods are completely different.

My thoughts are interrupted by a soulful howl that makes my chest ache. It's like I can feel her love for me just from the sound. I make my way to the door, and find myself laughing hysterically as I am once again tackled by Emersyn. However, this time the kisses come in the form of licks and are a lot more messy. I can barely breathe as I try unsuccessfully to push her off of me. After a minute, I guess she decides that she has done a good enough job because she backs off of me and sits by my feet with what I can only describe as a wolfish grin. It's adorable, making me want to cuddle her. I almost hold back, because it seems like a crazy thing to do to a wolf, but then I decide to just follow my instincts. Wanting to be sneaky about it, I slowly sit up trying to keep a straight face. I pull my feet under me and pull myself into a crouch as if I am preparing to stand, but just as I start to raise myself up, I push up hard and launch myself at her.

Emersyn lets out a surprised yelp as I wrap my arms around her, my momentum knocking her to the ground with me sprawled on top of her. She huffs at me as I roll to the side, keeping her locked in my grip before tossing one leg over her and nuzzling my face into her neck. Emersyn tries to squirm around to face me, but I hold on tight. "You will never escape my cuddle attack so you should give up now and bow down in the face of my clear superiority!" I laugh haughtily.

Apparently, telling a clearly dominant wolf that she has been beaten is the wrong move. I learn this when almost as soon as I finish speaking, I am once again on my back with a large she-wolf on top of me. This time though, instead of kisses or licks, she flashes her teeth at me. My first thought is that I should be scared, but fear is the last thing I am feeling. This is a battle of wills, but it is also a game. I can do this. I love games. Sure, usually the games that I play are on a gaming system, but I can play like this, too. I go limp, feigning defeat and averting my eyes. I don't expect it to work as quickly as it does, but she immediately falls for it. Emersyn closes her mouth as she tilts her head and starts to lift her body off of mine. As soon as there are a few inches separating her body from mine, I throw my hands up to her sides and start attempting to tickle her. It isn't until I actually start that I realize how ridiculous my plan is. However, much to my delight, it startled her so much that she jumps away from me, giving me room to jump up and pounce on her again.

Needless to say, I lose the game, but it doesn't matter. We are having so much fun. After about an hour of wrestling around, I finally have to call a quit to our fun. I really need to start running again to work on my stamina if I'm going to have any hope of ever besting Emersyn.

"Alright Em, I'm done. I need a rest. Can you come and cuddle with me, please. Don't take this the wrong way, but you are so fuzzy and I want a fuzzy cuddle buddy." I say sleepily as I flop back on the bed. I swear I see her roll her eyes at me before coming over and snuggling close to my side. I am asleep within seconds.

A/N: I thought this would be a cute little chapter, giving Emersyn and Asher a bit more time to bond. I hope you guys enjoy it. Please comment and vote. I would love to hear from you! See you in the next chapter~~ TheCaster369