Chapter nineteen

Chapter nineteen

"You are my one and only.

You can wrap your fingers round my thumb and hold me tight.

Oh, you are my one and only.

You can wrap your fingers round my thumb and hold me tight.

And you'll be alright.

You're just a small bump unknown, you'll grow into your skin.

With a smile like hers and a dimple beneath your chin.

Finger nails the size of a half grain of rice,

And eyelids closed to be soon opened wide

A small bump, in four months you'll open your eyes."

-Ed Sheeran, Small Bump

Salvatore mansion, Mystic Falls, 2012

Gasps echo through the hall as Elyzabeth's body collapses onto the floor. Time slows as everyone stares. Alaric's body freezes, unable to show emotion or even express anything. The Mikaelsons, Elyzabeth's siblings and only family, stood silently unable to react to their sisters speech nor her new action.

Tick.

Tick.

Tick.

Time goes past slowly before even the vampires can make a movement, quickly Finn appears at Elyzabeth's side grasping her limp body. She looks into his eyes, pleading, and looks down to the stake which was lodged deep into her chest with blood pouring out of her chest. Blood began to dribble from the corner of her mouth and ears. She coughs letting blood pour further out of her already weak body.

Finn stokes her head. "Shh, it'll be alright." Instead of asking her, or more like demanding her, to tell him why she staked herself he wanted to spend her last few moments with her. He knew that Ely wouldn't do anything without a true reason. "You'll be with Henrick once more."

Ely smiled up to her, dare she say, favourite brother. He was the only one who knew about Henrick and was the only one who supported her through that even when she left the rest of the family. She reaches her hand up, slowly, painfully and touches Finn's face in a sisterly gesture. "Finn, find yourself a girl. Live life." she says in a softly broken voice.

As Finn and Ely were exchanging goodbyes, Alaric rushes towards the fallen vampire who had captured his heart. He couldn't believe what was happening. His Ely has just stabbed herself and has, in time, killed herself. He rushes towards her and is quickly at her side, sitting opposite Finn, he listened into the last words Ely would ever say to Finn. 'Finn, find yourself a girl. Live life.' That's all she said to him and all she asked of him. Alaric's eyes begin to cloud over with tears.

Finn looks up to see Alaric, he watches as Alaric's eye become tear filled. He truly believed that Alaric Saltzman would've been the man to save his sister and to love her and hold her for the rest of their years. Finn would've trusted Alaric to look after Ely, and he still believes that now as Ely was laying in his arms. Finn moves his body closer to Alaric's placing Ely's body into his arms. "Look after her." Finn says before kissing Ely's forehead and leaving the room and building off to another place without his family nor his dear sister.

Ely looks up into Alaric's tear filled eyes, she reaches her frail hand up to cup his cheek. As she does so Alaric moves his cheek into her hand and kisses it. "It's going to be fine." Ely coughs out to her lover. The blood staining her pearly white teeth.

"It's not going to be fine." Alaric chokes out, a tear running down his cheek.

"It will, don't think so negatively my love." She says a little above a whisper, the sounds vibrating through her chest as she was speaking was making the pain greater and greater but she had to do it for a reason. Everything has a reason.

The rest of the Mikaelsson family watched from the side lines, Kol standing emotionless as well as Elijah. But if you watched closely the so called cold hearted Rebekah was being to tear up, but she quickly wiped it away before any human could see it. Klaus stood watching Alaric and Ely say their last few words to each other. His eyes reddening with tears, he maybe heartless but Elyzabeth was his twin she was everything he was but in female form. He couldn't see a life without her, even if she was trapped in a coffin daggered. As he stood and waited his. Chest began to burn and become painful, he grasps his chest in pain and instead of being welcomed by a cold hard chest his finger tips were welcomed by the feeling if something warm and sticky. He looks down to see his hand covered in red blood. The place where the blood was coming from was were the same wound was of Ely. He knew what she had done and he couldn't even beat her at this game.

It was their time to die. So if so, they'll go out with a bang. Klaus soon fell to the ground clutching his wounded chest. Everyone turns and looks but very few link the wounds upon Klaus' chest to the ones upon Ely's. They all seem to believe what happened to Klaus was caused by a witch.

Alaric looked at the bleeding Klaus on the floor and then back to Ely, they share a knowing look. He smiles at her one last time. "Elyzabeth my little saviour."

"And always yours..." Ely whispers almost silently. The light slowly fading from her eyes. Alaric sees this and watches as he doesn't try and keep the tears any longer. He clutches Ely deeply into his chest, her limp body still draining of blood and sobs his heart out.

Standers by watch as some rush to save Klaus' life whilst others watch the two fallen lovers. One dead and one alive, a it's always been but now the natural order has come out to play. The Salvatore's, Gilbert's, Forbes, Mikaelson's and Lockwood's bow their heads in prayer for Alaric who had lost far too many in his life to be forced apart from another.

Klaus lays his head to one side to watch the sight of his twin slowly die in her lovers arms, with his hybrid hearing he could've sworn just before she left this world she said 'I love you.' He let's out a sigh as other fuss over him, he knew it was now use he was going to die and there was no stopping it and Ely has made sure of it. Ely was a smart girl who knew what she was doing. Also something Klaus knew about girl was that she truly loved Alaric with all her soul and didn't care. Klaus loved her for this and will always love her.

Alaric stops sobbing for a moment and takes Ely's body away from his to stare at her pale features once more. Her blonde hair shaping her face and her cheek bones the highest they could be made her more beautiful. And the look over her face seemed she was truly at peace where ever she was.

"I love you, Ely. And I always will."

-(a/n) the last main chapter!:,( poor Alaric and Ely! Also Finn kinda! No fear there shall be an epilogue to come.. I'm so sad about killing off Ely, but there is only so much you can do before it catches up with you. :,(