Chapter three

DISCLAIMER; I DO NOT OWN THE VAMPIRE DIARIES, ANY OF THE CHARACTERS OR PLOTLINES LINKED TO THE TV SERIES, NOR DO I OWN THE LYRICS. I ONLY OWN ELYZABETH AND HER PART WITHIN THE STORYLINE.

Chapter three

‘Come; take a walk on the wild side,

Let me kiss you hard in the pouring rain, you like your girls insane,

Choose your last words; this is the last time,

‘Cause you and I, we were born to die.’

-Lana Del Rey, Born To Die.

Duke University, North Carolina, 2001

Alaric Saltzman was sitting in his third history lecture of being in Duke University in North Carolina. He wasn’t having a blast in university so far, fresher week was purely based around binge drinking and getting girls. Well more like just drinking for Ric as he finds it quite difficult to talk to girls. He was taking a few notes now and then related to the topic of this terms work, and then he’s taken out of his bubble when he feels a light tap on his shoulder.

Elyzabeth sat in the history lecture room in Duke University thinking over why the hell she was there. She had lived through nearly 1000 years, she didn’t need to be reminded about her past, but then again it was an easy way for her to get an easy degree to show off about. She leans back on the wooden chair and watched the dull professor at the front talking about medieval England… boring. She watched as the brown haired boy in front of her took a few notes here and there, then she suddenly realised that she didn’t have a pen to take notes. Even if she had lived through the time it didn’t mean she didn’t need notes. She slowly leans forwards trying not to make too much sound and taps the boy on the shoulder.

Alaric turns round to see a girl with long blonde hair and typical blue eyes looking down at him with a smile. His heart skipped a slight beat then he asked. “Yes?”

Elyzabeth smiled as she heard the poor lad’s heart skip a beat the quietly whispered to him. “Do you have a pen that I can borrow?”

Alaric smiled and nodded at the girl passing her a pen. “Sure thing, Alaric.” He offers his name holding out his other hand.

She takes his hand softly, reminding herself that he was human therefore weaker then herself, and shakes it offering her own name with a smile. “Hi Ricky boy, I’m Elyzabeth.”

Borrowing a pen was the simplest thing to ever do to start a friendship.

During Alaric’s second year of university him and Elyzabeth, or Ely as he had nicknamed her, were extremely close friends. Best friends as they said, but then most of their other friends mostly believed that they belonged together and should date much to both Alaric’s and Elyzabeth’s disgust. They were standing in a bar full to the brim of other students, Ely was standing at the bar with Ric with a pint in her hand and Alaric was the same.

“Come on, Ricky boy, go ask her out! She’s only a girl for god’s sake!” Ely nudged Alaric in the ribs.

Alaric winced as his best friends elbow made contact with his ribs; she knew that he got touchy about his ribs. But instead of stopping, as Alaric wished she would, Ely continued to elbow him in the ribs. Suddenly he turns round slams his glass down onto the bar then sends a smug smirk towards Ely and begins to walk towards the girl; Isobel Fleming. As he almost reached the girl he turned to look at Ely who put her thumbs up in a ‘go ahead’ motion. He cleared his throat to get Isobel’s attention and began speaking to her.

Ely smirked as she watched her friend talk to the girl who he had been crushing on for ages. She knew before she had to leave his life, when he began to realise that she wasn’t ageing, that he had a nice girl looking after him. She watched as Ric asked Isobel a question and she replied with a nod. She smiled and watched as Ric walked away from Isobel with a smile painted on his face, kind of like a child at Christmas. As Ric reached Ely, she wrapped an arm around his shoulder with a proud smile.