Chapter eleven

DISCLAIMER; I DO NOT OWN THE VAMPIRE DIARIES, ANY OF THE CHARACTERS OR PLOTLINES LINKED TO THE TV SERIES, NOR DO I OWN THE LYRICS. I ONLY OWN ELYZABETH AND HER PART WITHIN THE STORYLINE.

Chapter eleven

‘In the blink of a night

I was falling from the sky

In a blur, you took my breath away

And my heart starts beating

And my lungs start breathing

And the voice in my head starts screaming

I’m Alive!

You’re a laserlight, burning up

Burning down, on me

You’re a laserlight, burning up

Burning down, on me

You make me feel good

You make me feel safe

You make me feel like I could live another day

You make me feel good

You make me feel safe

You know I wouldn’t have it any other way.’

-Jessie J FT David Guetta, Laserlight.

Saltzman Flat, Mystic Falls, 2012

Alaric was sat at his dining room table having just returned from Elena’s house, he was currently marking some badly graded tests from one of his classes. Sighing he drops his pen and rubs his eyes, he couldn’t understand what Elena was telling him just twenty minutes ago. She had told him that Ely didn’t want to see him anymore, why though? He had tried calling her but each time he did he was welcomed by an answer phone, so he had given up long ago.

Before he would dwell anymore on what was happening there was a knock at the door of his flat. Who would be at his flat this late at night… a vampire maybe? As Alaric wearily reaches the door he picks up a stake from the kitchen’s fruit basket and makes a bee-line to the door. He slowly opens it, standing upright ready to fight.

As he opens the door instead of finding an angry, most likely hungry vampire, he found a sobbing Elyzabeth who fell into his arms and began to sob into his shoulder. He places the stake on the side and automatically starts to try and sooth Elyzabeth by patting her on the back. After a few moments Alaric asks her a question he’s been dying to ask her since Elena told him the news.

“What’s happening between us?”

Ely takes her head off Alaric’s shoulder, blood tears staining her face crimson, and looks at him confused. She wipes her eyes, making the stain spread across her face. “What do you mean?” She says softly, her voice hoarse from crying and shouting.

Alaric looks at her sadly, confused. “Elena said that you told her that it was over between us.”

Ely looks up at Alaric confused, and then remembers the little ‘chat’ between her and the newest doppelganger. She shakes her head, no, and then replies in a shaky voice. “Elena only said that because she’s worried about the little family she has left. And due to my links to Klaus she believed I put you in danger. Which I perfectly understand and if you do too I’ll leave you.”

Alaric stares at Ely in shock whilst holding her. He couldn’t believe that Elyzabeth would leave him if he wanted her too for the sake of someone who looks like someone she hated and loathed. He stokes her hair and hushes her. “Ely you never have to leave me. I don’t want you to leave me. I love you.” 

Ely looks up at Alaric with love glazing her eyes and she breaks out into a heart warming smile even though she was crying. “I love you too Ric. I need someone now more then ever before and I’m glad its you.”

Alaric smiles at her then re-thinks over what she just said, and then looks at her confused. “What do you mean, ‘I need someone now more then ever’. What’s happened?”

Elyzabeth removes herself from Alaric’s grasp and towards the heater into the room, she gropes the heater gathering the warmth and courage about what she’s about to say. “Alaric there’s a reason why I left my family all those years ago. But only Finn knew the true reason, and tonight I told them why then I pissed Niklaus off big time. I don’t know what to do.” She cries out the last part to Alaric.

Alaric looks at her shocked, knowing that she didn’t want him to come and hold her; she wished to hold herself up, but then he didn’t want her to feel alone. “Com’on Ely, it can’t be that bad. Tell me.”

Ely glances up at Ric, shocked at how open and helpful he was being. “No, Ric. I fucked up big time. Worse then the first time.”

“Tell me, I can help you.” He says softly.

Ely swallows and closes her eyes. She began to explain to Alaric about her son, Henrick, which had shocked him at first but then he remembered that back in them times it was normal for a mother to take on their daughter children as their own if they were born out of wedlock. Then he continued to listen throughout and didn’t say anything as Ely was telling him how she had bitten Caroline, Klaus’ new found girlfriend, as a kind of payback to Klaus.

After Ely had told Alaric all of the story he stared at her blankly for a few moments, letting the story sink in slightly. Ely had been a mother, her child had been killed by werewolves, then she found her self to become a werewolf and a vampire hybrid, then once she had told her family the truth of what happened they flipped out causing Ely to bite her twin’s new girlfriend and send the girlfriend to her death. Simple, or well as simple as it gets being a vampire-werewolf hybrid nowadays.

Alaric clears his throat whilst Ely is waiting for his reply.

“Wow, those thousand years haven’t been kind to you have they?” Ric says as softly and humorous as he could.

Ely breaks out into a smile before embracing Alaric in a hug and kissing his cheek. “Thank you for listening Ric, I owe you.”

Before Alaric could stop him self he says to Ely in a soft, but serious tone. “Can I use that ‘I owe you’ card now?”

Ely looks at him confused for a few moments then says. “Yes, why?”

Alaric thinks over his words carefully, not wanting to lose his girlfriend who he had just got back, and then when he finally chooses the right words he asks.

“Can you cure Caroline, for me?”

-(a/n) So everything is fine in Alaric/Ely land but will she cure Caroline, should she? Leave your comments subject on the matter:)