Chapter four

DISCLAIMER; I DO NOT OWN THE VAMPIRE DIARIES, ANY OF THE CHARACTERS OR PLOTLINES LINKED TO THE TV SERIES, NOR DO I OWN THE LYRICS. I ONLY OWN ELYZABETH AND HER PART WITHIN THE STORYLINE.

Chapter four

‘I wanna be drunk when I wake up,

On the right side of the wrong bed,

And every excuse I made up,

Tell you the truth I hate,

What didn’t kill me,

It never made me stronger at all,

Love will scar your make-up lip sticks to me,

So now I’ll maybe leave back there,

I’m sat here wishing I was sober,

I know I’ll never hold you like I used to.

But our house gets cold when you cut the heating,

Without you to hold I’ll be freezing,

Can’t rely on my heart beat it,

‘Cause you take part it every evening,

Take words out of my mouth just from breathing,

Replace with phases like when you’re leaving me.

Should I, should I?

Maybe I’ll get drunk again,

I’ll be drunk again,

To feel a little love.’

-Ed Sheeran, Drunk.

Mystic Grille, Mystic Falls, 2012

Klaus was at the Mystic Grille drinking his sorrows away, silently wishing he would get drunk enough to suddenly kill the Salvatore’s and then get his sister’s coffin back. He never understood why his and Elyzabeth’s friendship crumbled, really it began once Henrik was born and truly dissolved once Henrik died. It seemed in Klaus’ eyes that Henrik was Elyzabeth’s favourite brother, over her twin himself. Klaus never would emit it, but he was jealous how much attention his little brother was gaining off his twin when he couldn’t even get Elyzabeth to speak to him. Klaus bit the inside of his lip before drowning the rest of his drink down, then before placing it back on to the bar he nodded towards the bartender to get him another drink.

Elyzabeth bashed her head against the stone of the building, the Mystic Grille, and sniffed one last time before enter the building. As she entered it soon came apparent that it was the only place for teenagers and alcoholic’s to drink and met up. Elyzabeth summed the grille in one word; hellhole. She got on with the odd alcoholic, but truly she was the one who was normally the alcoholic out of her friends. She sighed walking up to the bar, thinking over what had just happened. She’s been sort of dead for at least three years; Alaric was alive and well but also aware of the supernatural. Oh and to top It off, it was her twin who killed her… go figure?

She sighed and pulled up a stool at the bar, next to someone who was sitting face first on the bar mumbling which was the common sign of being seated next to an alcoholic. The bar tender appeared in front of her, he had dark brown hair and a name tag identifying him as ‘Matt’.

“What can I get you?” Matt asked with a smile.

Elyzabeth chewed her lip for a second before answering. “Jack Daniels and coke please.” Matt nods and starts to make her drink.