Chapter eighteen

Chapter eighteen

"Once upon a time, we burn bright

That all we ever seem to do is fight

On and on...

And on and on and on...

Once upon a time on the same side.

Once upon a time on the same side, at the same Day

And why'd you have to go have to go and throw it all on my fame

I could've Once upon a time, we burn bright

That all we ever seem to do is fight

On and on...

And on and on and on..."

- Coldplay FT. Rihanna, Princess of China

Salvatore mansion, Mystic Falls, 2012

The Salvatore brothers had put in a lot of effort to make the mansion as glamorous as possible for the party, or more like ball, which was taking place tonight for which all the towns people who knew about vampires were invited too. This included Elyzabeth's family, but of course the ball was to celebrate the return of the Mikaelsson family back to Mystic Fall's from their 1000 year absence.

Damon and Stefan stand by the front door meeting and greeting each and every person who enters the threshold, this includes most of the founding families. As they greet the soon come to the Gilbert family, Jeremy is seen by the brothers first wearing a black dinner suit but Jeremy's appearance is soon pushed out of the way when Elena makes her appearance. As always she looks stunning her hair perfect, a black simple cocktail dress which looked brilliant on the young doppelgänger.

"Elena." Damon and Stefan both say in awe at the same time.

Elena shakes her head, she knows far too well that they were only acting like this due to the doppelgänger curse of looking as she did. She smiles lightly at the brothers. "Stefan, Damon." She nods to each of them before dragging Jeremy into the house and away from them. Elena knew that they, including Bonnie, we're keeping something from her and she wasn't happy about it at all. She stalks towards the bar and quickly orders herself a drink, she was in for a long night.

Damon and Stefan stand next to each other shocked slightly as they both had been rejected at the same time by the girl who loved both of them. They hear a chuckle and a giggle from the doorway, they're quickly brought back to reality to see Alaric, in a fine suit, linked arms with Elyzabeth who had a smile on her face. It had amused her how the two brothers had no clue how to react to the look-a-like of the woman who always wanted the boys at her side.

Damon clears his throat. "Welcome, Alaric and Ely." He smirks, he looks at Ely catching her eye and sharing a look between the two of them which only another vampire would see it was so quick, he looks at the dress Ely was wear. "You look wonderful Ely."

Alaric glares at Damon for trying to flirt, he wasn't normally jealous but what had happened to Isabel because of Damon he didn't want to risk the chance. Damon looked put to see the look on Alaric's face and quickly gets the message and he let's the couple proceed into the mansions make shift ball room. As they walk in Alaric thinks over what Damon said, Ely didn't look at all wonderful. Not at all.

That was because she looked stunning, beautiful and a true goddess in his eyes. Alaric couldn't see a future without Ely being in his life, she had been there since the start and will be there at the end. There was no question about it. She was his light.

As the night continues on the rest of the Mikaelson family appear, Ely wasn't making any effort to go talk to her siblings. She wasn't bothered by there life's anymore, after how they reacted about the past had created a crack between the already rocky relationships between them all. Theres not a band aid big enough to heal the wounds of the 1000 year old family.

Ely was grasping Alaric's hand tightly as the rest of her family were making their speeches to the towns people, all saying the same thing; that they were going to stay a while. In vampire talk a while could mean anything, a day, months, years or even a decade. You never know till they leave. Alaric pulls Ely into a tight hug and kisses her temple. Ely melts into his embrace wanting to stay there forever, this was one of the only places she felt truly safe no matter what was happening. And she so desperately needs that now.

"Now it's my sisters turn for her speech, Elyzabeth." Klaus says to the crowd with a smirk directed towards his sister and her lover who were embracing.

Ely sighs as everyone begins to clap and cheer her onto the stage. Alaric unwraps his arms from around her and kisses her cheek. "It'll be okay." He says to her with a smile painted on his lips. She wished it'll be okay.

She nods softly in reply to Alaric and kisses him softly, before turning away from him and heading towards the stage area. As she stands on it she catches wind of her twin, he shakes her hand and embraces her in a stiff hug. He turns his head so his lips brush her ear and he whispers a treat into her ear.

"I don't know what your up too, but whatever it is lover boy will be harmed for it." He steps away from her, sends her a treating look before leaving the stage.

Ely takes a deep breath in and picks up a glass of wine off the table. She smiles slightly to cover her true emotions before turning to the people of the founding families council. She clears her throat.

"Well a speech, I won't say something which one of my brothers or my sister has said but I'll leave you with something to truly think about. People say that you should question everything. Why? That's the question. But also people say other things about how to live our lives such as the idea of karma and such. But mine personally is that you should live in the moment. Live truly the life you want, not how you are expected to live it. Love who you want, do what you want and be who you want. Listen to no one. So the rule of my life saying is to live hard and when you die, don't just die. Die brilliantly. Dramatically. Go out with boom." Ely pauses a moment, smiles and raises her glass. "Here to living in the moment and dying brilliantly."

Everyone raises their glasses and say aloud. "To living in the moment and dying brilliantly." Everyone goes to drink from their glasses, including Ely. Ely looks over her glass to catch eye contact with Stefan, he simply nods. Ely takes her sip of her wine and drops the glass. As the glass falls it smashes on the ground into a hundred little parts making everyone stare at her. She smiles at the audience grabbing the piece of wood which had been strapped her leg all evening.

A white oak stake.

She raises the stake to her chest. Time slows.

"To dying brilliantly."

Then she forces the stake into her chest. Into her dead unbeating heart.

-(a/n) sorry I haven't updated in ages, I'm not gonna waste my time or yours making excuses! But here's the newest chapter hope you enjoyed it! And also what's gonna happen?:O