Falling For Ryan...

Today was the big day!

"Finally, we're here!" I gasped as my family and I pulled up into our new driveway. I stormed through the door of the place I would now call home. I ran from room to room, jumping up and down. This wasn't an expected reaction from me, so my Dad stared in awe. It took me at least thirty minutes to calm myself. By that time, all of the main luggage was inside.

My dad was tall and, just like me, had green eyes and pearly white teeth. He had dark brown hair and looked worn out, but not old. Me and Allen looked very similar to him. If I was a boy, the three of us could pass off as triplets.

"You calm now, Sweetie? We have so much stuff to put away," my father said, as he unpacked an unmarked box.

"Dad, can I ask you something?" The words came out more serious than intended.

"Yes, Hun?" he asked, concerned.

"I'm getting the second biggest bedroom, right?"

My Dad sighed, looking relieved. He turned back to finish unpacking. Just when I was about to ask again, he nodded. I squealed and ran into my new room. I was excited to have moved. Even though my friends would be missed dearly, I was so happy to be out of that hell hole.

This is a fresh beginning!

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

After all the boxes and luggage was moved inside, everyone collapsed onto our new couch, exhausted. My twin brother, Allen, hadn't been told about my conversation with Dad.

I glanced at him. "Guess who's getting the second biggest room..." A grin formed on my face.

His head shot up, and he saw Dad's expression from the corner of his eyes. Allen quickly stood up and ran to my room. "No! It's mine!" he growled.

"Dad already said it was mine!" I laughed and shoved him out of the room, closing the door between us. He seemed overly-angered by this. That wasn't like him. However, I didn't think any more about it. Ever since Mom left, he had been that way; getting mad for no reason, getting into fights.

My brother and I are twins, so we look the same. The only difference was that he was buff. He could be a bodybuilder or a wrestler one day! It seemed more realistic for him to be a bodybuilder, because he was too sweet to be a wrestler.

*******************

Dad ordered take-out, and we chugged down that food like we were starving. After dinner, I went to my room. My dad had to set up an official bed for me to sleep on later, so for now, I had to sleep on my Barbie-pink pull-out couch. As I prepared my 'bed', my door opened slightly. I froze, and slowly raised my head. When I saw my brother standing there, I sighed heavily.

"What? Dad already said that this was my room! God Allen, don't you think that arguing..." I blabbered.

"I don't want your fuckin' room," he interrupted in a tone that I had never heard him use before.

I stared at him. What in the world...? He had been on edge all day - I had noticed that. It was not until now that I realized that he meant business.

"Wh-what?" I was speechless. Allen was very protective of me. He still pranked, and treated me like his sister, but he still hated anyone who bothered me. What is going on here? He always respected me! He had never cursed around me either.

"If you want this room so bad..." I began, but he cut me short.

"Will you forget about this Goddamn room? I don't really give three shits that Dad gave this room to you! Frankly, I'm perfectly fine with my room. Ugh!" He threw his hands up in frustration.

I just stood there, mouth open, and hands by my side. Well damn. That's how he feels...

Dad peeked through the door. It took only a few seconds to realize that Allen and Dad knew something I didn't - something horrid. Dad had been crying. I could tell from how puffy his eyes were.

"What? Y'all promised: no drama!" I said.

Drama. That was the last thing I wanted. I stared at my dad, looking deep into his eyes. After what seemed like hours of silence, my dad began to speak.

"Your Mom is back..." was all I heard. My mind was searching: searching for an answer.

"She's back...?" was all I could get out.

My dad and brother said nothing more.

My mom was a drug addict, and the last time I saw her, I was twelve; the last time she hit me, I was twelve...

My mind lingered on that thought.

Out of nowhere, I began to feel irate. The lump in my throat disappeared. "What the fuck? Have you lost your Goddamn mind! Why would you let that fuckin' cunt back into our lives? We just started over, fresh!" As those words slipped off my tongue, I noticed something that I hadn't noticed before. My dad had said '...and she's back', which means...

"She's already here, isn't she?"

Right after I said that, my door swung open. There, my mother stood.

Crying.

======

This is my first story, so...