Chapter 16: Forgiveness

When I woke up Wednesday morning, I felt like crap and looked like it too. And I personally didn’t care anymore. Today was the day Jake and I were going to have ‘the talk’. Crap was the theme of the day and I was just going to run with it.

I stumbled awkwardly down the stairs, still feeling the sore muscles in my body from the dance lesson. I was slightly glad about the fact that I had a day off today so I could relax and maybe catch up on some homework….or not. I strolled past Tyler on my way to the bathroom to brush my teeth. I didn’t even bother with breakfast, I was too nervous to eat.

By the time I finished brushing my teeth, it was time to go. I slipped on my coat and shoes at the same time as Tyler, feeling the awkward silence surround us.

As I went to toss my lunch into my backpack, I saw a shock of pink. I stared at it for a moment. Why in the world would I own anything pink?

And then I remembered. A wide smile spread across my face as I zipped my bag up and slung it over my shoulder. I scooped up my I-Pod, plugged in my earphones and immediately started playing some rock music as I walked outside, not even bothering to wait for Tyler.

I slid into the backseat of Jake’s car, not even acknowledging his presence as Tyler hurriedly followed me outside, locking the door before jogging to the car. The ride to school was uneventful as far as I was concerned, and just like yesterday, as soon as we parked I was out the door and running into school.

Everything Chad needed was now stuffed into a plastic bag and I wrote a quick note on paper, making sure my handwriting was as neat possible so there wouldn’t be any screw ups, before I tossed the note in and tied the bag shut. I grabbed my Math stuff and the bag before heading to one of the stair cases in the senior section of school.

I found Chad sitting on a bench under the stairs, chatting to a random blonde girl who was sitting in his lap. I rolled my eyes and walked over to him as normally as I could with my sore muscles. I tossed the bag onto the girl’s lap and she jerked in surprise and disgust.

“What the hell is that you freak?” She screeched, turning to give me the death glare as she brushed the bag off her lap.

I glared at her as I picked the bag up again, and I saw her shrink back in fright. Everyone at school already knew not to get on my bad side because I could get ugly if I needed too, and apparently this girl knew it and was scared of me.

“The world doesn’t revolve around you,” I snapped. 

“I know it doesn’t revolve around me, it revolves around the Earth,” she said, flicking her hair over her slim shoulder.

Even Chad gaped at her in surprise, while I sniggered. “It revolves around the sun, idiot,” I said before turning my attention to Chad. “I have to talk to you…in private.”

Chad whispered something in the blonde girl’s ear and she giggled before standing up, straightening her mini skirt so it was hiked up even higher than before, and skipped off.

I glared at Chad, hands on my hips.

“What?” he asked, puzzled.

“Did you ever stop to think that maybe one of the reasons I don’t like you is because…oh, I don’t know…you’re a manwhore?”

He winced, “Actually, I didn’t think that was one of the reasons. Most people like-”

“I am not a part of ‘most people’, so cut the crap Chad,” I said, tapping my foot impatiently.

His mouth clamped shut and I tossed the bag into his lap. He looked down, confused.

“Everything you need to get me to forgive you is in that bag. Read the instructions and follow them. If you do anything wrong you can kiss forgiveness goodbye,” I said, turning on my heel before striding away. I went a few steps before turning around again, “And don’t you dare tell anyone about it.”