Chapter 11: Chad

About halfway through my first period English class, there was a knock at the door. While the teacher went to go open it, everyone immediately turned around and started talking to their friends. I had started to turn around to talk to Leena, who sat on my right side, but I caught a glimpse of a boy at the door. He was about my age with blonde hair and electric blue eyes. He was quite tall, considering my English teacher was quite tall herself (taller than me anyways, which wasn’t saying much but still) and he wore worn out sneakers, baggy jeans and a tight black tee-shirt that showed off his very well muscled chest.

“Hubba Bubba!” Jolene exclaimed from behind me, and when I turned around there was a wide grin covering her face.

 Hubba Bubba was a term Jolene, Leena and I used to describe a guy who was incredibly hot or cute without anyone knowing what we were talking about.

“Definitely,” Leena agreed while Jolene was looking the boy up and down in a very satisfied way.

After a few minutes the teacher took a paper from the hot guy’s hands and ushered him inside the classroom.

“Class, this is Chad James,” the teacher said, sounding bored as she gestured vaguely in the new kid’s direction.

It seemed like every single girl’s eyes were drawn to Chad, and immediately everyone started whispering things like “Oh my GOD! He is such a hottie!” and other things that I tried to ignore.

“Chad take a seat next to Ivy over there.”

Desks in my English class were arranged so that there were groups of two desks stuck together. Fortunately, we had one missing kid in our class, so I got to sit alone at two desks since the beginning of the year. Unfortunately, that meant the only available seat was right next to me.

 She pointed at me. “Ivy, raise your hand please.”

With a sigh, I raised my hand and watched as Chad made his way down the rows of desk till he finally reached my desk, which was the second row from the back.

Every single girl he passed turned around to follow his path to my desk, and I was sure that every single one of them was checking him out.

“You are so lucky,” Jolene whispered, leaning forward over her desk to whisper in my ear.

I rolled my eyes and ignored her.

“Hey,” Chad said, smirking as he slid into the desk next to mine.

I nodded at him since the teacher had already continued with her absolutely boring lecture.

A few minutes into the lecture, Chad pushed a paper onto my desk. I shot him a confused look and he tapped the paper with his forefinger.

I sighed and unfolded it, before reading the messy handwriting.

New to school; think you could show me around?

I tried to hold in my snort of disdain. I grabbed a pencil and, making sure the teacher wasn’t looking at me, I wrote a quick reply.

No.

I was suddenly glad the teacher was doing a power point presentation, that way the lights had to be off. Ergo, it was hard to see if people were paying attention or not.

Chad pushed the paper back.

Why not?

I sighed in exasperation but answered him anyways.

Because I have better things to do,

so, ask somebody else.

I contemplated adding LEAVE ME ALONE to the note, but decided that might be a bit rude. He was new after all.