Chapter 24: Chance

“Ivy, your alarm,” Jake groaned.

“You get it,” I slurred, curling up tighter against his side.

He grunted once and then I felt him shift and lean over me. There was a loud wack noise and the alarm shut off before he settled down next to me again.

“Crap way to wake up,” he muttered.

“With you? I agree,” I teased, opening my eyes as I squinted at him in the darkness of my room.

“Hey,” he warned, “Be nice.”

“Or what?” I asked tiredly, rolling away so I could stretch.

Before I could even react he sat on me, hands going to my side as he started tickling me.

“Jake!” I gasped, “Stop it!”

He stopped for a moment, “Are you going to be nice?”

“Yes,” I replied, laughing.

He pouted and got off of me for a moment before he pulled me back so I was lying on top of him. I blushed beet red when he put his hands on my lower back, our faces incredibly close to each other.

“I thought you’d say no,” he said, disappointed.

I grinned, “I’m full of surprises I guess.”

He made a face at me, “Bite me.”

“My pleasure,” I said, dipping my head to bite his neck.

“Ow! Crap Ivy, I didn’t mean literally!” he said, pushing me away.

I laughed, sitting up so I was straddling his waist, “Then don’t say things you don’t mean.”

He narrowed his eyes at me, grabbing my hands in his as he rolled us over, pinning me underneath him, “I’ll say what ever I want to say.”

“Then don’t get mad if I bite you again or something,” I said.

“Ivy!” I heard Tyler call as my bedroom door was suddenly whipped open.

“Ivy, you have to—” he cut himself off, “What the hell? Get off my sister!”

“Tyler, chill,” I rolled my eyes, “We aren’t doing anything.”

“Yeah right, two teenagers in bed and the guy’s on top, you do the math!” Tyler said, stomping over to my bed to glare at us.

Jake rolled off of me and looked at Tyler, “Happy?”

“No, there’s still the small matter of why the hell were you two sleeping together?” Tyler said, his eyes darting from me to Jake and back again.

“Well, we both fell asleep on the floor last night and Mom came screeching in at us to fix the living room. We were still tired after we did it so we headed to bed,” I explained in a bored tone, my eyes flicking to my alarm. Yikes, I better hurry up and get ready for dance.

I leapt off my bed, “Both of you out! I have to get ready! Shit, I’m so going to be late!”

I pushed Tyler out and grabbed Jake’s arm, trying to pull him out of bed but he simply stared at me.

“When I come out of the bathroom you better be out of here,” I growled before I snatched up clothes and headed to the washroom. I got ready at top-speed, and when I emerged from the bathroom Jake was nowhere to be seen.

I smirked and hurried downstairs, eating two slices of toast really quickly before I brushed my teeth and started heading to the door.

“Wait, Ivy! I can drive you,” Jake called as he ran down the stairs, “I forgot I needed to be home early, but I can drop you off on my way.”