Chapter 17: Break

“Do you want to talk about it?” Chad asked me, eyeing me warily from his spot on my chair in my bedroom.

“No,” I said curtly.

“Are you sure?”

“Yes.”

“Why am I here then?” he asked, sounding confused.

I exhaled in exasperation, “I don’t know, I just….I wanted someone around.”

“Why did you decide to call me instead of your brother or your friends or hell, what about your boyfriend?” he questioned.

I flinched. "I don’t know,” I whispered, unable to bring myself to correct Chad.

It was no longer ‘boyfriend’. It was ‘ex-boyfriend’. I didn’t even think I’d be able to stay friends with Jake because of this. I mean, being friends with someone you loved and used to date was like your dog dying and you’re mom saying you can keep it anyways.

I shuddered at the mental image.

“I hope you know you’ve ruined my reputation,” Chad said after a moment.

“How did I do that?” I asked tiredly, humoring him even though I didn’t really didn't give a damn about his ‘reputation.’

“Well, if you go on Facebook, there are a lot of very good shots of me in a tutu and tights. And let me tell you, tight pink tights aren’t the best way to show a guy’s package, if you know what I mean,” he said matter-of-factly.

I let out a half laugh half sob, “Poor baby,” I said.

“Yes, poor me. I doubt most girls want a guy that looks like he’s that in touch with his feminine side,” he said, and when I looked at him he was pouting.

“You’d be surprised, some girls actually like it,” I shrugged.

“Like you?” he prodded.

“Why would I like that?” I frowned.

“Well, aren’t you always surrounded by men in tights when you dance?” he asked.

“Uh….no. Most guys pants or shorts or something,” I eyed him curiously, “No tights.”

“Huh. You learn something new everyday I guess.”

I gasped, “You actually….learned something? Wow, does your brain hurt?”

“You’re so mean to me,” he pouted.

I rolled my eyes, “I’m mean to everyone. Since when are you special?”

“Since ever, duh,” he said, making a face at me.

“Sure,” I said sarcastically as my bedroom door suddenly whipped open.

“What the hell happened?!” Tyler cried. I saw his eyes fall on Chad, “And what the hell is he doing here?”

“Wow, you’re so polite,” I said.

“I think I should be going,” Chad said uncertainly, standing up. “See you at school Ivy,” he said as he left.

Tyler glared at me, his arms crossed over his chest.

“What?” I snapped, annoyed that he’d been glaring at me for the past two minutes straight without saying a word. He hadn’t even blinked. It was beginning to freak me out.

“What the hell happened between you and Jake?” he seethed.

“None of your business,” I hissed, sliding off my bed as I brushed past him. I hurried down the stairs but he was right on my heels.

Bad Luck with Loveजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें