Chapter 27: Skate Date

“Jake and Tyler really hate me, eh?” Chad asked once we pulled out of my driveway for our second date. Jake and Tyler had given him a less than warm welcome and had turned even frostier when they heard we were going out.

“Just a tad,” I shrugged. “They’re just watching out for me. Tyler’s my brother after all, it’s his job to be overprotective and hate my boyfriends.”

“He didn’t hate Jake,” Chad pointed out, turning the car around towards the restaurant we were headed to for dinner.

“Yeah, but they were best friends for years, we all were. But even then he still punched Jake in the face once when he thought we had sex,” I chuckled at the memory.

“Okay then, note to self; keep away from Tyler,” he shot me a wide eyed look.

“And Jake. Best not to do anything with him around either or else you’ll end up like Liam,” I shuddered, remembering him touching me and my nightmare.

“True. But do they just hate me because I’m dating you or because they just don’t like me?” he frowned, fingers drumming along the steering wheel.

“Relax, would you? You’ll grow on them…eventually,” I laughed. We stopped at a red light and I kissed his cheek, “I don’t need their permission to date someone anyways.”

“Still. I rather not step on any toes,” he pursed his lips, “Jo and Leena don’t hate me, do they?”

“Jo?” I snorted, “She worships the ground you walk on. Leena likes you well enough.”

“Hmmm,” he moved forward as the light switched to green.

“Hmmm?” I questioned, “What are you planning?”

“Well…maybe if we all went out, your friends, Jake, Tyler and us they'd see I’m not a bad guy?”

“This really bothers you, doesn’t it?” I arched an eyebrow, slightly amused that the cocky Chad is peeved that a few people didn’t like him.

“No, but I was just thinking that it’d be easier if they didn’t hate my guts,” he blushed a bit.

“You’re a dork, but I guess that doesn’t sound too bad,” I grinned, “How about skating? The ring just opened up and they have free skating on Saturdays. And I’ve been dying to go. I haven’t been in forever."

“I thought you had dance?” he raised an eyebrow.

“Anthony won’t mind if I miss one day.”

“So skating it is,” he confirmed.

********

“Ivy…do you even know how to skate?” Tyler asked me as we all sat down on benches, tying up our rented skates.

“Of course I do. I just need to practice."

“Oh I wish I brought my camera,” Jo laughed.

I whipped her arm with my glove, “Shut up, Jo or I’ll push you.”

“Ha! Push me or not I will not fall. I’m the skating master,” she smirked at me, adjusting her long blonde ponytail.

“Yeah, yeah we’ll see about that. I played hockey for five years straight,” Chad shot her a victorious look.

“I’ve been a figure skater since I was five,” she countered.

“Oh great, competition. I thought this was supposed to be fun skating,” Leena groaned.