Chapter 12: Love Shack, Baby

“Ivy, would you stop bouncing already?” Jake whined.

We were sitting on the bus on the way to the Sugar Shack, and we were almost there. I was literally bouncing with excitement, and so were Jo and Leena. We all remembered how much fun we had in previous years, and we were anxious to start having fun again this year.

“If you think she’s hyper now, just wait till we get on the dance floor. She’s a party animal,” Jo said, from where she was sitting in the bench in front of Jake and I. "Keep her away from the tire or else she'll go nuts."

“Hey! I'm not the only one. Plus you couldn't keep me away from that syrupy goodness if you tried,” I grinned, remembering her crazy dance moves from last year. We all just about peed ourselves from laughing so hard when Jo started dancing. She had one too many tires (Author Note: tire is literally syrup on a Popsicle stick. I'll explain at the bottom but itsreally good stuff :P) and she had gotten a major sugar high.

“What about me?” Leena pouted, who was sitting across the aisle from me. I couldn’t reach her since I had the window seat, but I leaned around Jake to smile at her. “You too, Leena. We’re all crazy chicks when we come here.”

“Damn, your sexy bitch,” Jolene sang suddenly, bobbing her head. Tyler, who was sitting in the bench with Jo, shook his head.

“I’m regretting my decision to come here with you guys to the Sugar Shack,” Tyler groaned.

Jake made a face, “You’re not alone, Tyler.”

“Oh come on, Jakey,” I said, kissing his cheek, “Are you seriously regretting coming?”

He pursed his lips for a moment, his green eyes thoughtful. “Hmmm, I suppose not...at least if that good treatment continues.”

“Hey!” Tyler protested, “What about bro’s before hoes?”

“Tyler!” I cried.

“Not that you’re a hoe, Ivy, I was just saying that…oh, you know what I mean,” Tyler flushed.

“What did I do to deserve an asshole for a brother?” I muttered under my breath, Jake laughed but covered it with a cough when Tyler glared at him.

“Hey, we’re here!” Leena called. The bus pulled into the parking lot of the Sugar Shack, and everyone was quick to leave the buses.

“Everyone! Can I have your attention please?” A teacher asked, trying to get everyone to stay together for a moment and failing quite miserably.

“No,” I muttered, Jake grinned as he squeezed my hand.

“Lunch will be served in half an hour, so I suggest everyone make their way to the Sugar Shack. You can all climb the mountain after lunch,” the teacher called over the loud crowd, giving up on trying to get their attention. “Have fun and try not to cause too much trouble.”

Everyone immediately made their way to the Sugar Shack, and everyone’s wet winter boots squeaked and slipped on the rubber mats in the entrance to the shack.

I pulled Jake towards the left where the dance floor was. The dance floor had tables placed up against the walls so we could put our bags and coats instead of carrying them around all day. Most students had already dumped their stuff and were talking amongst themselves while they waited for lunch to be served. I draped my jacket over a chair, and Jo and Leena both burst out laughing at my shirt.

Momentarily forgetting what I had put on this morning, I looked down. I realized then that I had put on my Marianas Trench tee-shirt. It was all black and slim fitting, and the words ‘They slap you like a bitch, and you take it like a whore’ were printed across my chest in red and white.