Chapter 26: Nightmares

“Jeez Ivy, what happened to you last night?” Tyler asked me, arching an eyebrow at me.

I glared at him with any energy I could muster…which considering I stayed up all night, meant I had almost no energy left.

“Horror movie,” I muttered, stumbling to the fridge.

“You know if you’re scared you can come to my room,” he said, his other eyebrow rising to meet the first.

“That’s what one of the girls tried to do…and the demon killed her,” I said, wide eyed.

Tyler burst out laughing. “Ivy you’re being ridiculous. It’s not real. It’s all Hollywood magic.”

“Screw off,” I muttered, grabbing a piece of toast. I all but threw it in the toaster and stared at it until my toast popped out. Of course when it popped I nearly had a heart attack.

“Good morning!” Jake said cheerily as he walked into the kitchen, he stopped short when he saw me, “Holy shit, what happened to you?”

I sighed, “Horror movie.”

He chuckled, “I’m guessing you didn’t sleep at all last night?”

I mock gasped, “What gave it away?”

“Someone’s moody,” he commented as he reached over me for cereal.

“Pardon me for PMS’ing,” I muttered.

“Aw, mother nature being a pain in the ass?” he teased.

 “More like endometrium,” I muttered darkly as I bit into my toast.

“What?” Tyler and Jake asked at the same time, both frowning at me.

I rolled my eyes. “Nothing. Just know I’m bunking with you guys tonight.”

“Fine with me,” Tyler shrugged, “I hope you know you’ll have to be on the floor. I love you but I’m not giving up my bed.”

“Gee thanks, Tyler." I finished my toast and hurried back upstairs to get ready. For some reason during the day, with the sun out, nothing was scary. I took advantage of that and took a quick shower. I blow dried my black hair a bit before I braided it so it rested on my left shoulder.

I ran downstairs once I finished getting ready and found Tyler and Jake already outside.

“Holy shit, its freezing!” I shuddered, jumping into the car.

“Well duh, it’s December. It’s kind of a given that it’s going to be cold,” Jake said as he got into the drivers seat and Tyler in the passenger seat.

“Ah shut up,” I slapped the back of his head.

“Make me,” he turned his head to stick his tongue out at me before he put the car in drive and drove us to school.

Almost as soon as he parked the car at school I hopped out and ran inside to the warmth. I went to my locker and dumped my stuff, when suddenly my locker door was slammed shut.

I nearly hit the ceiling and screamed loud enough to scare the students around me.

“Holy shit!” I scowled, hitting Chad in the arm hard, “Don’t ever do that again!”

He laughed, “Sorry, babe. I didn’t think you’d get that scared.”

“Yes well that horror movie has made me a little bit skittish,” I muttered, opening my locker again while I got my English books out.

“Oops,” he grinned impishly.

“Oops my ass, I’m thinking you picked horror on purpose just so I could ‘cower in your arms’,” I made a face at him as I closed my locker.