Chapter Sixteen

-(y/n)'s P.O.V-

When I awoke, I felt sickness hit me like a truck.

In seconds, I was rushing to the bathroom to empty my stomach of the dinner that (b/f/n) had made for me last night.

... Ugh...

Pulling out my phone, I called Mom to ask her to call in for me.

"(y/n), what're you doing calling me this early? Shouldn't you be getting ready for school?" Mother asked with a concern-filled voice.

I tried to bring up the words to speak, but barely anything came up.

"I'm... Sick..."

"Oh, I see. I'm so sorry to hear that! Don't worry, I'll call into the school for you. You just try to relax and get well soon. I'm going to be in a meeting for the entire day, so I won't be home until dinnertime. Will you be okay by yourself?"

"... Yeah..." My voice barely squeaked out.

"Okay. Well, I have to go. Get well my sweet (y/n)."

The call then ended.

After cleaning up the toilet and brushing my teeth, I scuffled back to bed, and tried to fall asleep. But it was so cold that I couldn't get comfortable.

Do I have a fever too?

I can already tell that today's not going to be enjoyable...

-(b/f/n)'s P.O.V-

Just where is (y/n)!? Is she doing okay? It's not like her to miss school. I mean, she's missing opportunities to get closer to her two suitors. She can't just ditch school like this!

After sending around 20 texts in a row, I finally got a response.

I'm sick. I'm trying to sleep.

Ah! What have I done?! I interrupted with (y/n) trying to sleep when she's sick! How could I do such a thing?!

"(b/f/n)."

Hearing Fresh's voice startled me.

"Yes?!" I questioned.

"Where's (y/n)? Is she doing alright?" Fresh asked.

Aw! He's worried about her. How sweet!

I ship it!

"She's home sick. She didn't tell me the details, but she doesn't get sick often. But when she does... It's absolutely horrible." I explained.

Fresh looked concerned.

How adorable!

"Oh. Okay. Thanks for letting me know." Fresh said, before going back to his seat.

... So cute!

-Fresh's P.O.V-

So (y/n)'s sick... Poor thing. Perhaps I could go do something to help? But escaping this school might be a problem... I could get in trouble....

... But it's a risk I'm willing to take!

I raised my hand, and asked to leave to use the bathroom.

Some people gave me odd looks, but I was still allowed to leave.

Guess it makes sense for them to be confused, with me being a skeleton and all...

As soon as I was out the classroom, I was racing down the halls to get to (y/n)'s house.