chapter five

Dina pov.

i get up to the sound of my brother's voice walking toward my bed saying that its time to get up. i rolled over pulling my cover over my head "i dont feel like going to school." i groaned, getting out of my bed to get ready for another terrible day when i got out of bed i shooed Jeremy out so i can get ready.

i reach for my pants that is ripped on the knee it is made like that and i put on my red t-shirt that has a cat on it. i fix my hair so it wont look like i haven't brush it in a while.

"Dina get down here now." aunt Jenna shouted she sounds mad i wonder if Elena snitch on me like she always does.

"i will be right down in a minute." i shot back loudly.

"no now." she yells again. i roll my eyes then grab my stuff for school then i reach for my phone when i heard her yell my name again. i opened my door to walk downstairs to see her in the kitchen.

"you are running late." all she said before handing my a 10 dollars before leaving for a meeting with my teacher i went off on. "what is this for?" i asked confuse.

"its for Elena and Jeremy for lunch." i rolled my eyes and i put it on the counter then left for school grabbing my notebook off of the counter where i left it last night when Matt called me to let me know he was outside.

i ran out the door forgetting about the money on the counter because i didn't care i climbed in his truck and he drove to school.

when we arrived at school we climbed out i seen Elena with Bonnie and Caroline walking in the door of the school i walk to my locker to grab my books and put my bag in the locker. i went to my English class i pay attention in that class. two hours later i was in my history class.

i sat down and looked behind me seeing green eyes staring at me i grinned but smirked when i seen Elena staring at us. i turned back around when i heard the teacher start talking.

i was busy kept looking at stefan i couldnt really keep my eyes off of him my phone vibrate i grab it to check it a message from Matt.

from Matt: hey do you like him too.

i grinned when i read that then i turned to look at Matt and flash a smile at him. then turned around and pulled out my notebook with my drawings and begin a new picture i drew Stefan's faces.

when school was over i went to my locker to get my bag and put my books back up for the week. i seen Tyler and Matt waiting outside the school for me Tyler pulled me into a hug. i punch his shoulder because he knows i dont like to be hugged.

"so the bonfire tonight?" Matt asked. "what about the bonfire?" i asked.

"are you going tonight and do you need a ride to it?" he asked.

i looked down thinking of the last time i went to a bonfire my parents died i was afraid to go to that but i know if i didn't they would be mad if i didn't.

"i dont know." i finally replied to his question.

"nothing is going to happen Dina i promise." Tyler added in the conversation.

"fine pick me up i guess i will go tonight." i finally gave in to them.

i walked home since it wasn't really far i love to walk especially to clear my head. when i opened the door i seen Jenna standing there with her arms folded. "what?" i asked.

"you didn't gave them the money did you?" she glared at me holding the money in her hand.

"I'm sorry no i didn't i am not talking to Elena remember." i replied storming upstairs to get ready for the bonfire.

i grabbed a daisy dukes shorts (i call it that because it looks just like the one she wears in dukes of hazards.) and my white strapless shirt then went to take a shower so i wouldn't have to take one tonight. when i got out of the shower i looked in the mirror i didn't like what i seen because every time i wash my hair when i get out my hair goes straight. i got dress then i made my hair curly.

when i was all ready for the bonfire it was 600 i grabbed my phone and put my leather jacket on. i put my phone in my pocket of my jacket. i heard Matt truck horn i walked out to his truck and climbed in then he drove to the bonfire.

Stefan pov.

i got home i grabbed a black shirt and put it on. my distant nephew (but everyone thinks he is my uncle) came in to the bedroom. "you promise that you wasnt going to hurt anyone." he shouted handing my a newspaper with two face a guy and a girl on the front page.

"this was an animal attack." i replied handing the paper back to him.

"i know that what think because you guys torn them up so they assume it is a animal." he shot back.

"well it wasnt me." i shouted. "then why you come back to mystic falls then." he shouted.

"i dont have to explain my self." i yelled getting upset.

he walked out of the room i walked over to look at katherine picture before i left for the bonfire.

Dina pov.

when we arrived he grabbed me a beer and Tyler came over. "hey, Stefan is checking you out." Tyler whispered in my ear. i grinned because when he whisper in my ear it tickled and because Stefan was checking me out.

i glance over and he was talking to caroline. she better not tell him what i said yesturday. i rolled my eyes then finish off my beer i went to get me another beer.

after grabbing a red cup of a beer i turned around and nearly ran into Stefan he apologize for startling me. i smiled at him and i asked, "if we can go for a walk?" he answered by nodding.

so we walked and ended up on a bridge i looked down to the river that ran underneath the bridge. when i looked down i started thinking of my parent.

"are you alright?" he asked making me look up from the water.

"yes.... no.... i dont know i guess i am still upset that my parents are dead and its my sisters fault." i answered.

"what do you mean its her fault?" he asked.

"i mean that they wouldnt been there if she just told Matt (my friend) the truth about she wasnt in love with him." i whispered looking up to the stares.

"you wont be sad forever i promise." he smiled looking down at me.

"how do you figure i wont be sad forever?" i asked.

"because i'm guessing." he made a small laugh. i looked at his hand. "nice ring." i smiled. "uh.. it is a family ring." he said, "its weird aint it?" he asked with a smile on his face.

"no it just there are rings and there is that." i said with a small laugh and looking at his ring.

i looked over to see jeremy drunk going into the woods "i will be back i have to take care of my brother."

i followed him into the woods trying to find out what made him get this drunk and he told me to leave him alone. "Vickie?" he cried as he tripped over her body. "oh my god Vickie." i shouted. my brother helped me carry her back to the bonfire area. "what the hell vickie?" Matt yells running over helping me and Jeremy putting her on a table.

"call 911." i shouted looking around. i seen Stefan take off running. that was weird why would he take off like that. she had a bite mark on her cheek.

they took Vickie to the hospital Matt went with her. Elena took jeremy home i wanted to find out if Stefan was okay but i just see him later. i got in the car with Elena since Matt couldnt take me home when elena drove up i went to inside to my room i grabbed my journal and write in it.

dear journal,                           August 13.

today was the bonfire i talked with Stefan he kind of made me feel better. but vickie was bitten by something. i seen Stefan took off after my brother and i found vickie. i am curious on why he keeps taking off.

i put my journal away and put on my night clothes soon as i hit the bed i fell asleep.