chapter one

Dina pov.

my sister and i went to this bonfire party thing we did every year to celebrate the beginning of summer. everyone was there but my brother was at home. my sister and her boyfriend Matt which was a good friend of mine, Tyler Lockwood with his girlfriend Vickie Donovan he was also a good friend of mine his parents liked me, there also was Caroline Forbes which is Elena's best friend but i think she is annoying she is always happy about something, then bonnie Bennett was there she is Elena's best friend and she is a friend of mine. my sister and i do a lot of things together when I'm not helping my dad fix the car or when I'm not playing catch with my brother. we are identical twins except i have curly hair and blue eyes and she got straight hair and brown eyes. i was by Tyler and Vickie all night but i seen Elena and Matt arguing with each other about something.

"i will be back in a minute Tyler." i whispered getting up to go check on elena because she started to walk away from the party.

"Elena, wait." i shouted as i run to catch up with her she stopped to face me.

"why was you guys arguing?" i asked.

she sighed, "because he was talking about marriage and stuff that i cant answer."

"do you love him?"

"i dont and i think that why i got so up set for because i dont love him."

"if you dont love him anymore then you need to tell him."

"i just want to go home i already called mom and dad to come and get me."

"okay, but I'm staying a little while longer i hope mom and dad wont mind."

i went back to the party after talking to Elena, i went to talk to Matt because he was a little up set so i tried to cheer him up "hold that thought." i laughed then i glance over where i left Elena i seen a guy near my sister so i started walking toward my sister but i notice my parents showed up. i heard them honk so i walked over to them i asked, "hey can i stay until 1am since it is already 1230?"

How will you get home?" Dad asked.

"I'm sure Matt or Tyler will give me a ride home." i stared with pleading eyes.

"okay, you can stay until 1 but remember we have to get up early to work on sheriff Forbes car." he reminded me.

"okay dad thank you." i said.

i walked around to my dad's side of the car and gave him a kiss on the cheek then i walked back around to my mom's side to give her a kiss on her cheek then Elena climbed into the car.

"i love you guys."

"we love you too honey." they both said at the same time then i backed away then they pulled away.

when they left i walked back over to Matt who was now talking to his sister and Tyler. i put one arm over Matt and one over Tyler.

"so which of my favorite guys wants to take me home later?" i smiled.

"i thought your parents picked you guys up." Tyler laughed.

"no, Elena was ready to leave," i glance over at Matt, "i didn't want to leave."

they both grinned because i wanted to stay there longer. we all talked and i laughed at what Tyler was saying about this thing that happened when we was little but i pulled out my phone looked at the time it was 130 am. i looked at Tyler and Matt "wow it is pass the time i told my parents i would be home. i am totally grounded."

"they didn't even call you either?" Matt asked with a confusing look.

he knows that usually my parents would call when i am late for curfew. "they are probably asleep by now because me and my dad have to work on the sheriff car in the morning."