Chapter Twenty-Three

Okay, here we are, the final chapter of My Best Friend George Weasley ~ Year One. Twenty-two chapters later and here we have it. The very end. It is very sad for me. Still there are six more years ;)

Please read the notice at the end of the chapter, but without any more of my random words, here is the final chapter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 23:

~Echo~

                A soft looking older lady answered the door. She looked down and gave me a kind smile. A bright purple aura extended from her body coming into contact with the objects around her.

                “Hello my dear,” she said. “May I help you?”

                “I am looking for Nicholas Flamel,” I told her trying to keep my voice strong, but something about her made me feel weak.

                “Yes, come in, come in my dear,” she said standing aside. “You must be one of his children.”

                I didn’t respond, but I could feel her happiness and…eagerness? Yes, that is what it was. She was eager about something. Most likely it was because she wanted to know what I was doing here. She did look at me with those now curious eyes.

                I walked into the house focusing on Nicholas’s aura. He was upstairs directing to the right. My power seemed to be expanding around me. I could feel the three people walking by outside. I could feel the love the couple felt for each other and the jealousy of the friend as if the feelings were my own.

                “Follow me, my dear,” the lady said after shutting the door. “I will bring you to my husband.”

                “How is he?” I asked as we started walking through the house. “Are you two okay? Since the destruction of the Stone…”

                “Yes, we are dying, but we have a little longer. It is impossible to say how long, a few days at the least, a year at the most.”

                “I am sorry.”

                “Well the Dark Lord must not come back and the Stone is a dangerous thing to have around. The destruction of it was the best choice. Nicholas and I have been alive for a very long time. We have seen many things, including the death of our own three sons.”

                I was silent. Those sons she spoke of. One of them was my ancestor.

                “You are the direct descendent of one of them, my dear,” Nicholas’s wife told me. “Oscar, I would say. You have his eyes.” She looked over her shoulder and smiled at me before starting up a flight of stairs. “He was a very kind young man and wise beyond his years. We lost touch with his children after he died, I am sad to say. Same goes for his two older brothers, the hard and unfeeling yet tender Christopher and the eldest, Samuel. He was a very trouble young man.” There was clear sadness in not only her aura, but her voice.

                “So Oscar is my, however many great grandfather?”

                “Yes,” she told me. “And I am your however many great grandmother. Your grandmother Perenelle.”

                I felt myself smile. “I am Echo.”

                “It is very nice to meet you, young Echo,” she said smiling at me.

                We walked into a small room. On the bed in the room sat an old man with a book in his hands and a pair of reading glasses on. He looked ill. He was dying quickly it would appear. Though I could feel his aura everywhere, I could not see it or feel any emotions from it. I wondered what color it was.

                “My aura is different than most,” he said, shocking me. “You cannot see it because you can read auras. I can also read them, so it is harder for you to see mine or read it.” He looked up at me with soft eyes that reminded me of Dumbledore. “With practice you will be able to see and read them. They will be a little different from others, of course, just like a wizard’s aura is different from a muggle’s.”

                I took a step towards him. “Mr. Flamel, sir. I don’t want to read auras.”

                “I know my dear,” he said. “But you were born with the power.”

                “How do I get rid of it? I will do anything.”

                The man set his book open on his lap and took off his reading glasses. “Delilah Azuki. You are a very kind young girl. I know this power and what it entails is not always an easy thing for you. I am afraid it cannot be undone. You were born with it and it is your power. Oscar was the same way as you. He did not like his power and what he could do if he used it wrong. I have faith that you will not use it to do others harm and will be a very strong young lady, using it for good. I am sad to say, you will need it. He will need your help, along with all the ones you hold very dear to you in your heart. Train, my dear and try to be the strong lady you will become to help in a time of great need.”

                His words confused me. I did not understand what he was trying to tell me. What time of need? Who was he? Why would he need my help? How could I be strong?

                “I know you don’t understand now, but you one day, Delilah. Just have faith in yourself.”

                I nodded and looked down at my feet. There was no way of escaping what I was it would appear. Not even the father of it all knew, so I must be stuck.

                “Do not fret my dear,” Nicholas said. “Just be the kind girl you are.”

~Esca~

                “Esca, she is not in danger,” Elissa hissed in my ear. “All she has done is walk to that cottage and then walk back to where her family was.”

                “What was she doing in the cottage though?”

                “Some of her family probably lived there.”

                I highly doubted that. Whoever lived in that cottage had a very strong aura because I could feel it. They were someone important and with magic. Echo, being a member of a muggle family could not be related to someone like that unless she was hiding something. Knowing the kind of person Echo was I highly doubted she had much to hide.

                After she left that cottage the strong aura slipped away. I knew that feeling all to way. The person with the strong aura passed away after she left that house.

                “Come on, let’s get going before our parents discover we are gone,” Kyle said. “She seemed to be okay. I am sure she is safe here. We will owl her when we get back. If anything happens we will find out about it. It’s not like there is much we could do.”

                I let out a sigh. “You’re right. Let’s get going.”

                As we let I could still feel that thing telling me Echo was in danger. Was it a warning? Or was I just going crazy? I needed to just relax and enjoy my summer. Maybe if the feeling was still there when term started, I could do something about it then.

                For now, I had a summer away from my hell of a home to enjoy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, so a little hint on what Esca is feeling: What happens in year two of Harry Potter? And what are Echo's parents?

Hope you guys enjoy and thank you very much for reading my story. I get to put my very first little green check mark now!!!! ^_^

MY BEST FRIEND GEORGE WEASLEY ~ YEAR TWO NOW UP