Chapter Eleven

Chapter 11:

(Echo P.O.V.)

                We went to the dorms to switch out our books before going down to the common room. The Great Hall was filling with people, but wasn’t as full as it was the night before during the shorting. Elissa and I found a relatively empty spot on the Gryffindor table and sat down. For lunch today there were sandwiches. Anything you could imagine you could put in-between two pieces into bread was on the table. There were all kinds of bread as well. I even saw one tray that had a ‘Gluten Free’ sign in front of it.

                “So what do you think about Hogwarts so far?” Elissa asked.

                “It’s like school, but really cool,” I replied.

                “Haha, that rhythms,” Elissa laughed. “Oh, no!”

                I looked up from my bread. “What is it?” I asked, and I followed her eyes to a guy Elissa appeared to be looking at. He was looking at us and appeared to be walking over to us. “Oh, Esca. Why is it you and he don’t get along? He is really nice.”

                “He’s also really annoying.”

                “Hello,” Esca said as he sat down across from us a few seconds later. “Did I hear something about annoying?”

                “Yes,” Elissa said. “You are every annoying.”

                Esca just gave her a smile and then looked at me. “How is your day going?”

                “Good, thank you, and yours?”

                “Fine I guess,” he replied. “I have had Potions already today, so that really messed up my day.”

                I tilted my head to the side. “What do you mean? Is Potions bad?”

                Esca rolled his eyes. “Bad doesn’t even begin to describe it. Snape is the Potions Master and he hates Gryffindor. He is also the Slytherin head of house teacher thing whatever. He takes whatever chance he gets to take points from Gryffindor and he loves to put us down.”

                “Oh, right, that was the teacher you pulled that prank on last year.”

                “Yup,” he said with a nod. “Though please don’t talk about it so loud, I don’t want people to hear about that. He still doesn’t know it was me and he said when he found out who did it, they were going to expel them.”

                I clapped my hand over my mouth.

                Esca laughed with a sigh. “You don’t have to cover your mouth, just don’t tell anyone about it. The only reason the twins and their friend know is because no prank goes on in this castle without them knowing about it.”

                He made himself a sandwich, and the three of us ate in silence for a while.

                “So,” I said getting tired of Elissa glaring at Esca and him rolling his eyes in response. “What are Transfiguration and Charms like?”

                Esca swallowed his food. “Well Professor McGonagall teaches Transfiguration. She was the lady who brought you in for the sorting.”

                “Great,” Elissa moaned.

                “Anyway,” Esca went on, “she is the Gryffindor head of house, and very strict. Oh, and she loves homework. Don’t worry though, at first it is simple stuff like changing a match into a needle, plus a lot of reading up on things. Some essay work and note taking. Charms is taught by Professor Flitwick. He’s really short and nice. He doesn’t give too much homework at first, but then after a few months he starts to give more and more. It is mainly learning spells though.”