Chapter Twelve

Chapter 12:

When Madam Hooch got back she just told us to leave and be back in the same spot in two weeks. Everyone was talking about the incident between Malfoy and Harry as we walked back to the castle. Hermione seemed to think he was getting what he deserved. I didn’t say that there was no way he was in trouble because Professor McGonagall’s aura said otherwise. That would have been rather stupid of me. Suddenly I craved George. I wanted to talk to him. We hadn’t really talked since over three weeks ago when I first got here. He was either with Fred or doing something, usually both though.

                “I can’t believe he did that,” Alexia said as Elissa, Ron, Nick, and I walked towards the Great hall for lunch. “He has never flown before and he just jumped on and went.”

                “It was bloody brilliant,” Ron exclaimed.

                “Yea, unless he gets expelled,” Elissa snorted.

                Nick frowned. “You don’t think he will do you?”

                “I don’t think so,” I answered. “Though, it’s not up to me.”

                “My brothers have done worst,” said Ron.

                I smiled. “Yes, they have.” I missed them. “Much worst.”

                Elissa groaned. “Can we not talk about Echo’s boyfriends?”

                “They are not!” I yelled.

                “Well one of them clearly is and sense I can’t figure out who I’m just going to say they both are for now. It’s impossible to tell them apart anyway,” she said.

                The five of us came to a stop under one of the covered walkways. Ron started laughing. I really didn’t get what was so funny to him about this.

                I just rolled my eyes. “Anyway, I believe we were talking about Harry not Fred and George.”

                “What’s this about Fred and George?”

                I screamed. The voices came from right behind me. “Fred! George!” I yelled turning to face them. “Do not scare me like that!”

                “I wish I could have seen your face,” Fred laughed.

                “It was rather entertaining,” Elissa said.

                I glared at George, who was just smiling at me. I could see he was holding in a laugh. A thin gold glow pulsed around him, but then disappeared. How did I not feel him coming?

                “What do you have to say for yourself?” I asked him.

                He tilted his head to the side in a goofy way. “I’m sorry,” he said in a sweet voice.

                “That’s right,” I replied.

                “I’m hungry,” Nick said. “See you guys later.”

                “Wait,” Alexia called. “I’m coming too.”

                Alexia and Ron walked off after Nick. Elissa started, but stopped and looked at me.