Chapter Fifteen

Chapter 15:

~Echo~

                Finally, on a cold November morning the day had come. Today was the first Quidditch game of the year. It was Saturday and I couldn’t wait to finally see Quidditch.

                “Now, remember Echo,” Fred said yet again, as we walked towards the Quidditch pitch, “this is not professional Quidditch.”

                “I know, I know,” I replied, “but I’m still excited.”

                “Who are you going to sit with?” George asked.

                “Elissa, her brother Kyle, Esca, Alexia, and Nicholas, I believe,” I told them. “Plus some of Kyle’s Hufflepuff friends maybe.”

                “Just no Slytherins,” the twins told me.

                I laughed. “Of course, of course, no Slytherins. I haven’t even talked to a Slytherin anyway, so it’s not like I know or am friends with any of them.”

                “Good,” the boys said.

                “They are-“

                “-very bad-“

                “-news.”

                “We don’t want you getting involved with them,” George said.

                I laughed again. “I love it when you two go all protective. It’s very adorable.”

                George’s aura pulsed with annoyance, but Fred’s seemed to be amused. It was weird how similar they appeared, but how different they in fact were.

                “Well we better get to the rest of the team,” Fred said as we approached the field. “Oliver always has some things he needs to go over before we take off, so it would be best we get there before he starts, or else we will be in big trouble.”

                “When are you not?” I asked. “By the way you still need to send Ginny that toilet. She sent me an owl asking if you two had some plan for it yet.”

                They boys smiled. “Tell her we will get right on it.”

                “See you after we win,” Fred said giving me a wink then he turned making his scarlet robes flutter in the wind and left.

                “Are you not going?” I asked George when he did not follow his brother.

                George smiled. “Yes, but first I wanted to ask a favor of you.”

                “What is it?”

                He brought his hand up and patted his cheek with his index finger. “May I have a kiss for good luck?”

                For a second I my cheeks felt slightly hot, but then I brushed it off.

                “Yes, you may,” I said. I then stepped towards him, pushed myself up on my toes, and kissed his cheek. “Your cheek is cold,” I informed him. My lips could still feel his soft, smooth skin against them. It was weird really.

                He laughed. “Thank you for that, see you after the game.”

                “Good luck George,” I called as he walked in the same direction his brother had gone.