Chapter Four

Chapter 4

I turned around, and relaxed. It wasn’t Fred and George. It was a boy I had never seen before. He had dirty blond hair that looked like it had jell in it to make it look messy. His eyes were dark green, and he was rather tall with long lanky limbs.

                “Well hello stranger who scared the heck out of me,” I said giving him a smile.

                “Hello stranger who flew twenty feet in the air over a crowd, and just snuck away from what looks like red headed twins.”

                “You saw my jump, huh?”

                “Yes, it was rather cool, yet stupid at the same time,” he said.

                I looked at my watch. It was 10:08. “Well, hey, listen, I have two hours to do a ton of shopping, so I will catch you later, okay?”

                I started to leave the small space between the buildings, but he stepped in front of me.

                “You don’t even want to know my name?” he asked.

                I sighed. “Okay, what’s your name?”

                “Esca,” he said.

                “How do you spell that?” I asked turning my head to the side.

                “E-S-C-A,” he said. “So what’s your name?”

                “Echo,” I said not seeing the harm in telling him.

                “That’s an interesting name,” Esca said.

                I shrugged. “May I go now please?” I asked.

                “Where you going?” he asked.

                “Probably to get my books or cauldron or an owl or something,” I told him. “To be honest I have no idea, I just wanted to wonder around alone.”

                “I’m doing the same thing,” he said.

                “Did you sneak away from your parents?” I asked.

                He shook his head. “No, they gave me money and told me to go get my things, and that I better be in the Leaky Caldron when they get there sometime between eight and ten tonight.”

                That was awful. Was he telling the truth? Maybe I should let him hang out with me if he wants. Or is this just some story to get me to feel bad for him.