Chapter Three

Chapter 3

“Nice to meet you, Harry,” I said taking his hand and shaking it.

He smiled at something, and even looked a little surprised plus relieved. His aura sparked. I could see a faint greenish glow come off him, but then it was gone.

“So,” Harry said softly. “What do you know about Hogwarts?”

“Nothing,” I said honestly. “Other than that there are things called Perfects, and there are houses, but I don’t know what they are.”

“Perfects?” Harry asked.

“Don’t ask,” I said. “A friend of mine is one. He’s starting his fifth year.”

“You know people going?” Harry said sounding interested.

I nodded. “Yea, I know four people, all boys. They are friends of mine. We live in the same village. Two of them are starting their third year, and the other is starting his first like us.”

“That’s cool,” Harry said. “So you must know a lot about magic.”

My heart sank. “No, not really,” I said looking at my feet. “See no one in my family are wizards.”

“Really?” Harry asked. “Same here. Well, actually I don’t know. I live with my aunt and uncle and they are muggles. My parents died when I was one. They were wizards, but I don’t know about the rest of my family."

“Oh, I’m sorry,” I said looking at him sadly.

He didn’t seem sad though. In fact he seemed really happy about something, like he was having a great day. Over all he seemed like a really nice guy.

“Sir, could you come stand on this stool?” Madam Malkin’s said to Harry.

Harry got up and stood on the stool next to the blond boy who seemed to notice him for the first time, and me for that matter.

“Hello,” he said, “Hogwarts, too?”

“Yes,” Harry said.

“What about you?” the blond boy asked looking at me.

I just nodded. Something about his aura bothered me. Usually I tried not to pay attention to them, but today I was having trouble. When I was uncomfortable I tended to read them more.

The boy started talking about what his parents were up to and how he wanted to sneak a broom into school because he couldn’t believe that 1st years could not have one. I sighed as he went on. He seemed rather annoying to me. Harry seemed to think the same thing.

“Have you got your own broom?” the boy asked us.