Chatper Ten

Chapter 10

(Echo P.O.V.)

“It started this summer,” I began. “That was the first time I was able to tell you apart from everyone else.”

“How so?” he asked.

“Well,” I said taking a deep breath. “I can feel everyone around me and read their emotions if a want and such, like I have told you, but with you I know it’s you. Most people it’s just a person, I have to see their face to know it is them. I can just feel it is you. I just know. It’s weird, but at the same time natural. Ugh, I don’t know how to explain it.”

“No, I get it. Well I mean I get that you can tell if it’s me, but I don’t get why.”

“Neither do I,” I sighed sadly and leaned over laying my head on his shoulder. It wasn’t that late, but I felt like it was past midnight.

George got really stiff, suddenly. “Maybe it’s because you know me so well and are around me a lot.” I was only half listening to him. For some reason there was tension in his voice. That was troubling to me. Why did he seem so uncomfortable all of a sudden? “I mean, we are together a lot and we know each other pretty well, or at least I think so.”

“Yea. Do you want me to sit back up because you seem kind of uncomfortable?”

“No!” George said quickly. “Your fine, really, you aren’t bothering me at all. Were you reading my emotions?”

“No. I don’t read yours that often.”

“Oh…why?”

“Because,” I said slowly. I hadn’t told him about this for years. Me not reading his, that is. Then again he didn’t really ever ask about it. I might as well tell him. He had the right to know. “Because I feel like it would be wrong. I tell you everything and you know about what I can do, yet you choose to be around me and it doesn’t seem to affect your thoughts about me. You never try to distance yourself from me or anything. You are always there whenever I want to talk, like now. I just feel like reading what you feel is wrong. I want you to be able to keep it to yourself.”

George was quiet for a minute. I felt his arm wrap around my back and rest on my arm. It didn’t bother me. It wasn’t the first time we had sat like this. It was actually very comfortable. I closed my eyes and just relaxed into him. He truly was my best friend.

“I’m glad you respect my privacy,” he said at almost a whisper. “The truth is; I do worry and think about you reading my emotions. Sometimes I am afraid to go around you because I think you might read them and find something that are not good about me or something. Now that I am saying it out loud it sounds stupid.”

“It’s not stupid. I would probably feel the same way if I were you. Actually I probably won’t be as understanding about it. I don’t want people knowing what I’m feeling usually. You…I don’t know how you do it. Do you just trust me or something?”

“Of course I trust you. You are my friend. Plus, you trust me enough to tell me everything, yet you don’t tell my twin. It just…it makes me think you see the differences in us. Most people just see us as the Weasley Twins, not as Fred or as George. You seem to though.”

“You two are very different.”

“How so?” George asked sounding a bit amused.

“Well, Fred is a bit quieter. You are more outspoken, and less shy than him. Well sometimes anyway. You seem shy very once in a while. Um…let’s see you are more controlling, and –”