Chapter 35

Dear Kath,

I know this is late, but happy birthday. You've been an amazing friend and of course, child. I hope your birthday was hella amazing, and I'm sorry this is late. You've been so supportive, and so kind. You always support anything I write regardless of how much it sucks. You're so kind to everyone in the village and such a patient person. I honestly don't deserve you XD You've been the best child. I know you're technically older than me, but I don't really care. Fuck the system. You're my child, always and forever my dude. I hope our friendship lasts for a long, long time. And I hope we can meet one day!

                                 -Straw-tizzle

OH, and I actually did have birthday plans! I knew your birthday was around this time but I forgot the exact day. But I'm a fucking badass and planned anyway so gAHAHHAHSJDSLKHFLkdhlkah imsorry

Third person pov

Kakashi almost burst into tears when Kath crashed down onto the training grounds. She looked utterly exhausted, and she collapsed into the grass like it was a bed, breathing heavily. Kakashi jumped on top of her, arms wrapping around her neck in a hug as he bawled. Kath let it happen, staring up at Minato with a certain kind of look that told him she'd done something. Something unbelievable and drastic, but good.

"Where were you?" Kakashi sniffled. He'd been so scared she wouldn't come back. Terrified, really. Kath had just up and disappeared! What if something had happened to her? Dragons weren't exactly common. He didn't want her getting taken and sold or experimented on. He couldn't lose Kath. He'd lost too much. Even if Obito hadn't died, he wasn't sure how he'd live without her at this point.

"Saving fucking lives." Kath lifted her head slightly. "I knew I smelt him."

"What do you mean?" Minato asked, peering down at her. Kath looked around, looking for Rin. She had been gone a long time. She wouldn't have been surprised if she'd shown up and everyone had been gone. She knew she would have left. Or she would have at least taken a nap. Kakashi had literally been in the exact spot she left him. 

"We need Rin." Kath groaned. Everything hurt. "And some time. I don't know what sort of condition he's in." Kath admitted.

"Who?" Kakashi asked. Then, he gasped. Kath peered at him. Had he figured it out? Kakashi continued, "Kath, did you set someone on fire?!"

"What- n.... well yes, yes I did, actually." She puffed up proudly. Minato let out a groan. Just what they needed. Kath needed to be on her best behavior. She was an odd creature who'd appeared out of nowhere. All eyes were on her. The press chased after her like she was literal gold, and people stared at her in the streets like she was Jesus and this was the second coming.

"Kath, no. What if they take you away?" Kakashi groaned. He would never let anyone touch Kath, of course, but that wasn't going to stop them from trying. Kakashi wondered if he should start training harder. He was strong, but was he strong enough to protect Kath? He was willing to bet he wasn't. He could probably hold his own, but what would he do when a platoon of ANBU appeared with the intention of taking Kath in, or even killing her?

"It's nobody you'll miss." Kath assured. "Now, I need a nap. We should crash at Minato's place. We have somewhere to be in the morning. I arranged it with the doctors, so don't worry. Oh, and we'll need to drop by and grab Rin. She'll probably want to be there."

"What are you talking about?" Minato asked again. What was happening? Kath looked, and sounded, like she'd been flying all day. Her voice cracked as though her throat was dry, and her eyelids drooped with exhaustion. Kakashi stroked her head like she was the most precious thing on this planet, assuring her that they could sleep.