Chapter 30

Third person pov

"What?" Tsume deadpanned. She wasn't as surprised by Kath as Kakashi thought she might be, so that was good. The Hatake and Inuzuka clan used to be close, and Kakashi came here to get his ninken checked on. He was reasonably close to the family, he guessed. As close as someone like him could actually get to someone, that is.

"She needs to turn into a human." Kakashi gestured towards Kath, who hadn't said anything. She looked around and all the dogs, wishing she could pet them or something. She'd always liked dogs. Cats were alright too, but dogs were... Well, dogs. She couldn't explain it. They were just really great was all. She wondered if she could meet Kakashi's ninken soon. He still hadn't introduced her...

"Uh... Why? She looks like a giant lizard to me. Do you see me trying to turn my dogs human?" She scoffed.

"I'm a dragon, thanks." Kath turned to look at her. Tsume jumped slightly, her eyes widening in surprise at the dry look she was receiving from the "giant lizard." She hadn't thought it could talk. "And I was a human before this. I don't know what happened but... Yeah, I turned into this."

Kakashi nodded. Tsume stared, clearing her throat slightly. "I...I see. You came to use because of our secret technique, didn't you?"

"Hai." Kakashi said.

"We can't help you. Our technique turns our dog companions into copies of ourselves. We've never had them turn into their own person." Tsume scratched the back of her neck, wincing at the way Kakashi seemed to deflate. "Hey, buck up kid. You'll find a way... Probably."

"Yeah, Kakashi. Then I'll finally get to have a piece of that sweet, sweet ass-" Kath was immediately swatted over the head by a red faced Kakashi. Tsume sputtered out a laugh, her eyes widening in surprise. Kakashi felt his ears burn. Of course Kath would say something like that in front of someone as respectable as Tsume Inuzuka. He was going to have to have a talk with her or something. This was no longer okay. His brain was going to fry inside his skull at this rate.

"Sorry to disturb you, Tsume-san. Bye." Kakashi all but squeaked, grabbing Kath's horn and tugging her forward. She was cackling like a bad man, her tail swishing in amusement at how absolutely embarrassed Kakashi was. She loved to fluster him. It was absolutely adorable, honestly. Especially since he was pretty serious in this time. She hoped her being here wouldn't stop him from mellowing out and becoming a complete and total pervert. Like she was deep down.

"Kath." Kakashi hissed once he was sure they were out if hearing range. "What was that?"

"Me admiring the local artwork." Kath winked as his face reddened all over again. He was so easy. She wondered how easy it would be to tease her should she turn human. As a dragon, it was harder to read her facial expressions. He couldn't see her blush, and it wasn't too terribly easy to tell what she was thinking. But as a human, he'd be able to see her face turn red. There wouldn't be a species barrier. She'd probably start laughing before she could even get the pick-up line out.

"Whatever." Kakashi clicked his tongue. "We need a new lead. This one was a dead end."

"We could try asking Jiraiya." Kath had no idea what to do. Kakashi gave her a look, as though questioning just how she knew about him. She shrugged. "I'm from a different dimension where this is all an anime, so I know like, everything."

"You're hilarious." Kakashi said dryly. Kath shrugged again. It wasn't her fault if he didn't believe her. Now, he had absolutely no right to get mad, right? Probably. It didn't matter. She'd just flip him off and let him fume should he be upset about it.

"Let's just go home. Maybe the press has cleared." Kakashi sighed tiredly, his shoulders drooping. Kath bobbed her head. She was exhausted, and her still-healing wounds ached. Besides, she was sure Kakashi needed some sleep. She knew that she did.