Chapter 13

Time skip: One month

Kath's pov

"Flap them harder." Kakashi hissed at me. After one month of searching, he found the perfect spot to teach me how to fly. He had to observe it for a while, but deemed it safe after a few weeks. Now he was trying to teach me how to fly, and it wasn't working all that well. Two days and I could only get an inch or so off the ground. It was actually more frustrating than I originally thought. While I had never flown before, my body craved for it. 

"I'm trying." I hissed at Kakashi as he circled me, writing rapidly in his little notebook. He's about halfway through that thing now, and doesn't show signs of slowing in his information intake. "Relax, and put your wings back. Like a bird." Kakashi said as I plopped down on the ground, only having risen a few inches. "But I'm not a bird." I groaned. "Well do you know where we can find any other dragons?" Kakashi scoffed. "Yeah, up your ass." I scoffed. He swatted at me. 

Kakashi and I were sort of friends. We talked, ate together. You know, that sort of stuff. At first our relationship was rather awkward, but now we both banter and hate each other to some extent. Not the "I want to kill you" kind of hate. I don't really know how to explain it. When it came down to it, we were secretly friends I guess. At least I hope so. That's just how I feel. Kakashi is pretty hard to read. 

"Just flap harder." He snapped. "I'm doing it as hard as I can." I groaned. "Try harder." Kakashi ordered as I stood up, wings spread. "I am trying." I said, feeling myself starting to get frustrated. "You're not flapping fast enough! You're stronger than you think." He hissed at me coldly. "I told you I'm trying as hard as I can!" My tail flicked, my wings raising in a threatening sort of way. "Try. Harder." He hissed again, glaring. "I am!" I screamed, my wings slamming down. I was propelled up in an instant.

"Oh shit!" I cursed, flapping my wings. They flapped a whole lot harder than before for whatever reason, and I found myself hovering in the middle of the clearing, my wings creating strong beats of air. Kakashi was scribbling rapidly, looking up at me in awe. I gaped at him. "I'm flying." I said. "No shit." He scoffed at me, but I could tell he was happy. I let myself drop back to the ground, nearly toppling back in the process. "That was amazing!" I exclaimed, my tail swishing. "Why'd you land?" He wrote more stuff. "I can't really fly in broad daylight." I told him. "I didn't get to measure the strength of the wind." He frowned, looking at his weird windmill meter that was lying by his bag. "I don't know if I can do it again." I told him. "Try?" He requested. I nodded.

Taking a deep breath, I leapt into the air, giving my wings a hard flap. I shot into the air just like before. "It's like riding a bike I guess." I told him. "You're a dragon. You can't ride bikes." Kakashi said, stabbing the windmill into the ground. "I was a human once. A German human." I told him. "What's a German human?" He asked, looking up at me. "I was from another country and spoke another language." I told him. He clearly didn't believe me, but he nodded anyway.

Kakashi marked some things down, pulling up the windmill. I landed again, even though I really wanted to fly some more. "Flying is done. Now we need to see what you can and can't eat." He said. "What do you mean?" I asked. "Can you eat chocolate, or does it make you sick like it does for dogs?" He asked. "You want to poison me?!" I practically screamed. "Can you breathe fire?" He ignored me. "I wish. I'd roast your ass." I told him. He shot me a glare. 

"Alright, alright. No. I still can't breathe fire." I sighed, sitting down. He humphed, writing something down. I narrowed my eyes. "Did you just mark me as a disabled dragon?" I asked, offended. "Stop reading over my shoulder." He snapped. I shoved my head under his arm, pressing my face against the notebook. He froze. It's not often that we came into physical contact. "Fucking make me." I slapped his back lightly with my tail. He stumbled forward. I retracted my head, turning it to the side. He glared.

"Disabled dragon."

"Do you want to die?"

~

HELP

OKAY

CAN YOU GUYS GO TO THE MOST RECENT PART OF THE THINGS SHE'S SEEN AND READ THAT

PLEASE