Chapter 26

Happy Thanksgiving/Thursday! All my books are updating except for The Things Fugaku's Seen, because the rewrite hasn't caught up to it yet! Enjoy!

Third person pov

Minato stood at his door, dressed in sweat pants, a shirt, and socks. He looked tired, and his eyes were rimmed red as though he'd been crying. Kakashi didn't comment on it, because he really wasn't doing all that much better. Kath just sorta stood there awkwardly, her tail swaying behind her as she took Minato in. She blinked. The smell of coffee coming off of him was strong. She was just glad it wasn't scotch, or something of the sort.

"Hottttt." Kath broke the silence. Minato blinked, and Kakashi's head turned so fast he nearly got whiplash from it. "Excuse me?" Minato questioned, clearly confused. Kakashi stared at Kath with wide eyes, silently begging her not to go there. But she went there anyway, because this is literally Kath we're talking about, and what were you really expecting at this point? "You're hot, dude. Wake up and smell the roses!" Kath smacked Kakashi's back. "I'm sure Kakashi probably agrees. Too bad he's hotter when he's older."

"How would you even know what I look like?" Kakashi scoffed, embarrassment steaming in the pit of his stomach. Kath could tell how much her words were getting to him too. That didn't stop her. "Well, where I'm from this entire world is an anime, and you're older in the beginning of it, and super, duper hot." Kath nodded. "Oh, and I'm sorta obsessed with you and wanna be your future wife!"

Kakashi passed out.

"Nailed it."

~

"So, you were a human once?" Minato asked tiredly, one leg crossed over the other. He sipped his coffee. Kath wasn't sure she wanted to know how many cups he'd drank already. Kakashi was still passed out, lying peacefully on the carpet right next to Kath, who let her body give off natural heat. Even though she still couldn't breathe fire. The one thing she wanted to do wasn't even a thing that could happen.

"Yeah, I was. I had two legs, and wore glasses, and had brown hair." Kath smiled slightly, looking down at her clawed hands. Or paws. She wasn't sure what they were. They were more of a mix between the two. "I really miss being human, you know? Walking around, and eating normally with my hands."

"I could try and teach you the transformation jutsu. You've got some sort of energy inside you that might act as a chakra substitute." Minato shrugged, looking up from his mug. Kath eyed him curiously. There was a chance he was telling the truth, but she knew she wasn't all that trusted here to begin with. The chances of him being able to do anything... did he really even care?

"I care about Kakashi, and I can tell he cares about you. More than he cares about himself." Minato interrupted her thoughts, leaning back further in his seat. Kath's eyebrows raised... or her brow bones. It was sort of hard to explain in all honesty. "Kakashi loves you, romantically or platonically, I really can't tell. But it doesn't really matter. You make him happy."

Kath smiled slightly, looking down. "I guess I'm just that cool." She mumbled, letting her head rest on her arms. Minato chuckled, sipping his drink. "Sorry we barged into your house, by the way. The apartment was being swarmed." Kath looked up, but didn't raise her head. She was far too lazy for that. And far too tired. She hadn't realized how exhausted she was until she got here, and rested her head.

"I knew this would happen." Minato sighed. "It's going to take them a while to get used to the idea of you, and to you in general."

"I thought so too." Kakashi's voice rang out through the den, and he set up, rubbing his head. His cheeks turned red and Kath's taunting gaze. "Shut up, you damn lizard." He muttered. Kath cocked her head in a very puppy-like way. "I didn't say anything." She innocently said, her tone idle. Kakashi just rolled his eyes, sitting criss-cross.

"Sorry, sensei. I guess I'm more tired than I thought." Kakashi apologized, ducking his head. Minato's lips twitched up. "Yeah, I'm sure it's just the exhaustion." Minato chuckled, grinning slightly when he saw Kakashi's ears turn red. Messing with the boy was way too easy. He was so uptight, and yet he let such little things get to him anyway.

"So, what were you dreaming about?" Kath questioned. "Tch, notching." He scoffed at her, rolling his eyes in a dramatic was that told her he definitely was dreaming. Minato chuckled again, but somehow managed to disguise it as a cough halfway through. Kath mentally praised him for his ability to shield his laughter without sounding like a choking seal.

"Whatever you-" What looked like a small chunk of fire flew from Kath's mouth, landing on the carpet. They all stared at it awkwardly.

"...I guess I can breathe fire!"

Kakashi pulled out his notebook while Kath simple slammed the bottom of her head on the fire, successfully putting it out.

Minato wasn't sure what to think.