Chapter 14

Kath's pov

I have never been the rebellious type, but for whatever reason, tonight my teenager side decided to show itself, and I found myself halfway out Kakashi's backdoor. I don't really know why, but I really, really wanted to fly again. Flying... it was an amazing experience, and I'm already craving more. It's like once you kinda get into shape after working out every day for two months, you really don't want to stop working out. Of course I've never actually made it to the point of truly liking physical activity, but I don't think that's the point. 

I looked around for a moment, and after deciding the coast was clear, I took of. I shot into the sky like a missile, spinning before opening my wings and letting the air catch them. I gave a few flaps, doing lazy loops in the sky. I let myself close my eyes as savor the feeling. I wondered if flying would be nearly this enjoyable in my world as a human, without protective scales and without a tail to help you change directions.

While flight was a little wobbly at first, but I eventually got the hang of it. It came naturally, reminding my of riding a bike in some ways. My wings flapped hard, but the noise was lose in the rushing wind as I dove towards the ground riskily, pulling up at the last moment and shooting into the air. I let out a happy hoot and my accomplishment, doing a little roll in the air. I should probably get back to Kakashi. Who knows how long I've been out here, and I really don't want to be seen. I'm already pushing my luck. If Kakashi does find out, I'm sorta screwed in most departments. Hopefully he doesn't cut off my steady supply of fresh meat.

I landed softly on his balcony, wincing when I saw the light on. I nudged the door open with my nose, sticking my head in. "Sorry, Kakashi. I just wanted to go on a flight. I swear I wasn't gone that long, and nobody saw me!" I defended as I entered the apartment. I heard a bang and Kakashi came running out of the bathroom, his eyes wide. I blinked. "Er... are you okay?" I asked, looking at his ninja bottoms and headband. Was he getting ready to go somewhere?

"Kath!" He rushed over, seeming to stop short of hugging me. "What?" I peered at him curiously. "I... I thought you left." I mumbled, looking down at his shoes. "I did, but not for long. I'd probably die without you honestly." I admitted, wanting to make a jab at the fact he was totally going to come look for me, but deciding that'd be a dick move on top of a dick move because I was the one who left. Kakashi let out a sigh, sinking to the ground. I winced again. Damn, I guess he's more attached to me than I thought. I'm probably like a pet dog to him or something.

"Hey, I'm sorry." I apologized, sitting down on front of him. He leaned forward, letting his forehead rest against my chest. I felt my non-existent cheeks flare. So cute. Dick or not, Kakashi is still bae. "Hey, I found out something cool about my ridges. I can make them go soft, and they move in the air to help me steer, like a fin. I can also lay them down flat in some places, which means you could totally ride on my back. Realistically." I patted his back the best I could with my hand. He looked up at me. "Really?" He questioned, eyes wide. He stood up, scrambling to get his notebook. "Yeah, and my tail helps me steer too." I added, ears twitching. 

Kakashi scrambled to write it all down, nodding to himself. He pulled off his headband, looking over his own words as he walked back into the bathroom. I snorted to myself, shaking my head at him. A few seconds later, he appeared once more, in his pajamas again. "Did it feel good to fly?" Kakashi questioned. "Yeah, it was amazing. And I could see really far down, like I had super vision or something. And I could kinda... can kinda see in the dark." I hummed, sitting and watching him pace as he wrote.

"What about your wings? Do they hurt? Was it hard?" He questioned. "No, it came naturally. I was able to spin, dip and even dive after only one day of having the skill." I remembered. Kakashi wrote something else down, snapping the book shut. "I see." He hummed, setting the pen and book down on his bedside table. He looked as his bed, then looking at me. His eyes narrowed. "Get on it." He ordered. I was taken aback. "Uh... what." I sweat dropped. "On the bed. Go press yourself against the wall. I don't want you leaving without telling me." He said. "I swear on my life that I'll never leave again." I curled up on the ground, lying my head on my paws. 

"Kath, on the bed. Now." Kakashi ordered sharply. I groaned, slowly, painfully getting up and stalking over. I gave him a dark glare before climbing carefully on top of his bed. It creaked in protest, but it didn't break. "Don't blame me if I bite off your arm my sleep." I hissed. "You barely move when you sleep." He snorted. I shot him a look as I got comfortable. "That's creepy. You just admitted to watching me sleep." I lied my head down.

Kakashi tried to get in without touching me, and he succeeded too. "Night." He said coldly before turning out the lamp. In what seemed like an instant, he was lights out. I scooted forward a bit, cramped. Deciding to take matters into my own hands and save my back from the kinks to come, I scooted forward, taking Kakashi into my dragon arms. It would have been poetic if it wasn't so fucking hard to do.

Kakashi rolled over, burying his face in pretty much the softest part of my body: my chest. I shrugged. If nothing else, I am an amazing heater. "Kath what're you doing." I heard him mumble. "Getting comfortable. Shut up or sleep by the backdoor." I whispered harshly. He let out a groan, curling up against me. I grinned wickedly. Not only is Kakashi sleeping in the same bed as me, but he's doing it willingly. Plus, I think I just earned bed privileges. I snuggled into the soft mattress more, yawning.

Fuck yeah.