Chapter 18

So as today was my first day of sophmore year, I'm not sure when any of those stories will come out. I'm going to probably do the Foo Dog (Chinese guardian lion) one first simply because Obito is my bae. I'll probably work on around two others while I'm doing that one. After this one ends, I'll add another two on.

Third person pov

Kath rammed through the door, nearly breaking it off it's already rusting hinges. Her body slammed against the wall from the sheer momentum, shaking a good part of the building, and creating a large dent surrounded by cracks in the drywall. There was a woman in the hall with a bag of groceries in hand. She let out an ear piercingly loud scream as the large beast bounded past her, desperately scrambling to get out of the building. It didn't take long for Kath to zero in on the open end of the hallway. She could see the tops of a few trees through the small opening. She sped up, her eyes wide with horror and fear for her roommate.

Kakashi could already have the Sharingan. If Obito had already been crushed under the rocks... the psychological horror he was going to go through if she didn't get there in time... Kath shuddered at the thought. The nightmares it would bring, and the regret. The unbearable guilt Kakashi would feel. She did want the Kakashi she'd seen so much in the show to arise, as she felt that was the true, real Kakashi. The one who was kind and laid back. But this wasn't just a character anymore; Kakashi was something much more. The thought of him hurting was very painful to think about.

Kath vaulted herself over the railing, her feet pushing hard off the tile hall as she dove through the tight opening. She (surprisingly enough) landed in a successful roll, sprinting off in the direction of the gates as soon as she was back on all fours. People screamed when she rounded the corner, stumbling and leaping out of the way as the magnificent creature tore down the back alley street that was also used as a shortcut for those coming and going to work. Her claws gripped desperately at the dirt in search of more traction. Faster. Kath had to go faster. She had to get there in time. 

Kath was glad Kakashi had made her study maps. She was glad there was no TV, and she was glad she had a better memory now. She had to get to him at any cost. She was afraid of pain. As a human in the mundane world, she hadn't felt physical pain on a large scale. She was ready to lose a leg at this point though. No pain could override her worry and utter determination to save this boy from as much pain as possible. She knew people were going to react to her at any moment now, ninja probably, but she would have to avoid them the best she could. She had to get to Kakashi.

"There it is!" Someone shouted. The creature's eyes widened in surprise at their diligence. Despite her shock, Kath didn't stop or look back, she just ducked her head and increased her pace, the muscles under her skin and scales moving powerfully as she ran for the village entrance. "Squad fourteen, beast tamers, go!" A voice boomed, this one different than the last. This one was deeper, Kath noticed. More gravelly and intimidating.  

In an instant, three men were in front of Kath, hands raised as though they were surrendering. Three ANBU, to be more exact. The girl-turned-dragon barely had enough time to stop, slamming her feet into the dusty road. She skidded to a halt just a few feet from them, eyes wide at their sudden appearance. They were fast. "It's okay. Just slow down." One of them soothed. Kath backed up slightly in response. "Hay, hey, hey. We aren't going to hurt you." The one on the right assured. 

She had to get to Kakashi.

Letting out a small roar of frustration and annoyance, she leaped over her obstacle, going even faster than before. She pushed herself to pick up speed, taking and releasing even breaths to make sure she didn't tire easily. Almost immediately after jumping over her pursuers, she heard the swish of something flying through the air. Her purple eyes widened at the unexpected development at hand, and she hastily threw herself to the left, narrowly avoiding a kunai. She scrambled to her feet, rushing to continue. Another kunai was shot at her before she could fully get herself going, embedding itself in the left side of her back. Kath let out a hiss of pain, but kept going anyway. 

The kunai in her back hurt more than she thought it would, although it wasn't in very deep. If it had not been thrown with as much force as an ANBU possessed, and if it hadn't had chakra laced into it, Kath was sure it would have bounced right off of her. Kakashi had tapped the tip of a kunai on each type of scale she had. Underbelly, back and the more flexible ones where her joints were located. They were pretty durable. Kakashi even tried to set the dragon on fire once, and it felt like someone was trying to attack her with a blanket made of warm marshmallows and freshly dried laundry. 

The gates were actually quite far from Kakashi's apartment, which was near the back of the village, where she'd come in originally. So Kath found that by the time she was there that she had at least two shuriken, a few more kunai and maybe even a senbon stuck somewhere in her body. She didn't slow down though. She sped up, eyes narrowed with determination. Her tail swished in a way that gave her better balance. Without warning, the beautifully terrifying dragon spread her wings, and with a loud, deafening roar, she took to the sky.

'I'm a fucking idiot. Why didn't I do that in the first place. Dumbass.' Kath mentally cursed as she beat her wings against the air. Whatever. It didn't matter anymore. All that mattered was that she was airborne, and that she was on the way to aid a friend.