Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine:

Anna's P.O.V:

"Riley!"

I screeched at the top of my lungs as I woke up. I could feel the sweat dripping down my forehead as I sat up in the bed. I hyperventilated as I replayed the dream over in my head. Just as I looked to the empty side of the bed next to me, his bathroom ensuite door whipped open to reveal a worried Hunter.

"Anna, what's wrong?!"

I clung onto Hunter when he jumped onto the bed to reach me, wrapping one of my arms around his waist, I used the free hand to wipe away my tears I must have shed as I dreamt. He wrapped his arms around me and began to rub my back, and then asked me again what was wrong.

"Hunter, it's okay, don't worry about it," I responded to his question.

'He will be disgusted with us if he knows about our past,my wolf let me know what she was thinking.

Hunter growled in disbelief, "I'm pretty sure I should be worried when my mate is screaming when she wakes up."

I pulled away from Hunter and crisscrossed my legs. He gave me a worried look as he sat on his knees across from me.

"Hunter, seriously, it's okay. Just a bad dream," his facial expression showed he was still not buying it. 

I landed my lips onto his, finding this as the only way to make him forget about it. He was surprised, but acted quickly and took control of the kiss. His hands ran up and down my bare back until he pushed me over and towered on top of me. Hunter's hands caressed my face while he kissed down my neck and sucked lightly on my new mark. A different kind of pleasure coursed through me, it felt great but painful at the same time. Painful in a teasing sense, leaving me wanting more.

"I think I may have to mark your whole body, it looks sexy," Hunter teased and gave a little nip. 

"I think I may have to mark you, Hunter," I examined his clothed body up and down and then frowned.

"What? Is there something wrong with my clothes?"

"No, it's not that, I just prefer you with them off," I laughed and then playfully hit his arm. 

"Oh thank you, I could say the same about you," he chuckled and then became determined, "But seriously, what were you dreaming of?"

"Hunter! It was just a nightmare, I've completely forgotten about it now,"I attempted to reassure him but accidentally said it with an edge of annoyance. 

"Alright, alright, sorry," 

"It's okay, sorry I didn't mean that to sound so harsh," I chuckled and gave him a peck.

He suddenly shoved his tongue inside of my mouth and pleasured me with his kiss. I wrapped my bare legs around his stomach and pulled the bottom of his shirt up, itching to feel his tight stomach.

"No need to apologise," Hunter was millimetres from my lips, I felt his minty breath wash over my lips while he grinned. 

Hunter pecked one last closed mouth kiss onto my lips and pulled away from me while getting off the bed. 

"I was just about to have a shower before you rudely interrupted me," he cheekily gave a wink, "Would you like to join me?" 

"Definitely," I smiled and reached my hand out to him.

He grabbed my hand and tugged me off the bed. We headed into his bathroom. It was a simple yet stunning room, with marble walls and tiles. The shower had two shower heads and jets on the walls. A few plants were placed on the counter in front of the mirror, and on the floor next to the bathtub.