Chapter Seven

CHAPTER SEVEN:

Warning - This chapter contains mature content. Please skip to the next chapter if you are offended by this.

ANNA'S P.O.V:

He made me so happy. I've known for some time that I loved him, but I didn't expect it to be this strong. I used to ask my parents as a child how you know when you've met your mate. The response is always, 'you just know'. The way I was played the first time around made me think that I knew the definition to that answer, but that's what lead to me getting hurt. I was hesitant to tell Hunter we're mates because of that reason. 

But now, I truly know. His presence is intoxicating, I feel a mixture of arousal and love constantly. I imagine our life together involving our children running around and playing with their father, and eventually growing old to play with our children's children. The thought of anyone else makes me gag, a future with him is my only future. I would even go as far as dying for him if it meant he would live. 

And while I whole-heartedly believe all of this, for some reason there's still a piece of me that thinks he could cause me pain.

I laid on his bed and rested my eyes for a few minutes before I heard the door open and close. I could smell instantly that it was Hunter. I decided to keep my eyes closed for a little longer when he ran his fingers through my hair. 

Moments like these are ones I used to long for. I've never felt so loved in my life.

I couldn't help opening my eyes to study his beautiful face again. 

"Hunter," I whispered.

"Yes, Anna?" his eyes bore into mine, I could tell love was the only thought in his mind. The feeling overwhelmed me to the point where I needed to tell him.

"I love you," I could feel my heart bursting from being overwhelmed with love.

I thought saying the words would make me feel better. In reality, words didn't come close to showing how I felt about him. 

A smile immediately crept onto his face. His eyebrows furrowed as he stared directly through my eyes into what felt like my soul. 

"I love you too," he leant in and held both sides of my cheeks as he kissed me with intensity. 

As I rolled onto my back, he stood up and got onto the bed. He placed both knees on either side of my stomach and leaned down to give me another kiss. I rolled my tongue on his bottom lip as he drove his mouth deeper into mine. I folded my arms over his neck as he put his hands either side of my cheeks, we latched onto each other for dear life. 

"You make me so happy, Anna," he murmured in between kisses. 

I grinned and opened my eyes to look up at him. My finger traced over his cheekbone and came back down over his lips. He turned his head to the side and pulled my thumb into his mouth and sucked it gently. I laid my head back on the pillow and closed my eyes as a moan drifted out of my mouth. 

"What about games night?" I asked, suddenly thinking back to the rest of the pack.

"Don't worry, I put a movie on for the kids," he replied while gently placing butterfly kisses on my neck. 

I succumbed into the pleasure and let all my worries fade away. Hunter tore away from me to hastily pull his t-shirt off. I couldn't help but stare. He had the smoothest looking skin, with a firm muscular stomach. I brushed my hand over his abdomen, almost as if I was checking if it was real. I didn't realise I had been biting my lip while examining him until he reached down and flicked his tongue over it.