Chapter Two

CHAPTER TWO:

HUNTER'S P.O.V:

I sighed and rested my forehead on my desk as I ran my fingers through my charcoal, messy hair. After being handed the alpha duty five years ago at the age of 15, you would think that I have gotten over having to deal with paperwork, obviously not. I almost need a secretary. I'm in charge of all the buy orders for supplies and our family company. The amount of money I saw coming and going was a shock at 15, but now I don't blink twice. 

I looked out of the wood framed window to see a few families in the garden gazing at the stars. I examined the closest family. I could see Michelle and her mate, Ryan, with their 4-year-old, Rose. Ryan leaned towards Michelle and whispered something in her ear while Rose was distracted with pointing at the stars. Michelle went wide-eyed as Ryan chuckled, followed by a playful slap on his chest until they both leaned in and met each other's lips. Rose pulled a face of disgust when she turned her head and saw her parents making out. I laughed through my nose when she was pulled into their chests for a group hug. 

I wanted something like that. I began to feel sad while looking at the scene. My parents reassured me constantly that I'll find her one day, but being over 20 makes it incredibly rare. If I find my mate, trust me, she will not be leaving my side.

I heard the door open and felt a gush of wind. I spun around in my office chair as I saw Dad with a few lipstick kiss marks on his cheek, his tie was crooked and hair messy, I scoffed mentally. Even though no child enjoys knowing about their parent's intimate life, it's kind of nice to see that after years of marriage their love is still alive. 

"It's time to set up the next game for the kids," he informed me.

"Okay, I'm just doing some work, but I'll set that up now then," I replied, creating a double meaning as to come back and finish the paperwork.

"You're playing," he said immediately, understanding what I meant.

I rolled my eyes and huffed. Before I could say anything,

"And that's final," with that, he walked away. A few seconds later, a scent of whisky invaded my nostrils, I rolled my eyes again.

TOM'S P.O.V:

I've seen the way Anna looks at him. Her parents are very good friends of ours, we were suspicious as to why they were on the edge of their seats every time Hunter and Anna are in the same room. Eventually, we managed to get it out of them that Hunter is Anna's mate, but she doesn't want anyone to interfere. Hunter is oblivious as hell. Well, all un-mated males are. After I found my mate, Delilah, she kept sniggering about how blind I must have been to not notice anything. As his parents, it's hell to see him without his mate. On the surface, he's a busy alpha. But we know he uses his work as a distraction, on the inside, he's longing for his mate. 

We've decided that enough is enough. My son needs to find his mate, and that's going to happen with a game of Twister.