Chapter Three

CHAPTER THREE

ANNA'S P.O.V: 

As my head was in my hands, I seemed to have floated off into a dream state, the two sisters were still arguing with each other over the most stupidest topic. I hate both of them, but I have to say that I personally agree with Sandy. I am definitely not going to say that and start it all up again! I was too interested in my thoughts, which made the sound appear to be faint... well, I at least thought it was. 

"Guys just shut up! Can we talk about something worthwhile? I can think of plenty of better artists anyway!" I shouted until I noticed there was dead silence. I opened my eyes and removed my hands from my face to realize that the alpha was in the room and was in the middle of talking.

Hushed voices spread around the room when Hunter was staring at me. I could see behind his crystal blue eyes that there was curiosity and even possibly lust of some sort. 

'He doesn't know yet but his wolf is probably stirring inside,' my wolf commented. 

"Is that so? Name a few," Hunter huskily questioned while looking me in the eyes. I felt intimidated all of a sudden, but brave also.

"Okay then. Have you heard of Yura Hugh Jass? One of my favourite songs by her is 'I will kick you in the Jenna Tolls'."

The teenagers in the room snorted as they tried to hold in their laugh, they soon burst out into tears when they couldn't hold it in any longer. A few of the children got the joke, some of the others had an expression of confusion and went to ask their older siblings. The look on Hunter's face was priceless, it was a mixture of anger and amusement. I promptly giggled a little while biting my lip to hold it in. 

"Alright, calm down everyone," Hunter commanded whilst trying to keep his cool. 

The room quieted down, a few of the children's chuckles echoed in the room from the kids sitting on the Twister mat, until they slapped their hand over their mouth when Hunter was teasingly glaring at them. 

"So this next game of Twister will be for the teenagers. I have the names of everyone in this room in this hat, ages fourteen to eighteen," Hunter informed us, "Lucinda, would you like to pull out 4 names. Two people on each mat." 

As soon as Hunter had said that, an array of youngsters hastily shot up their hands and wildly waved them around, wanting to also pull a name out of the hat. The brothers and sisters snickered at them. Instead, I smiled, remembering the days when I was like that also. 

Lucinda, a budding twelve year old with braces, stood up from her seat on the floor and stepped over the children seated on the ground to reach the Alpha. 

"It's Lulu," she muttered under her breath.

"It's Lucinda or Metal Mouth," Hunter laughed and teased.

Lulu cringed when a kid called out,

"Metal Mouth!!!" 

"Damn werewolf hearing," she whispered to herself. 

"Hey, you have it too, that is offensive to yourself," Hunter told her as he pinched her cheeks. She walked backwards a few steps and slapped his hands away. 

'And he's good with kids too... he really is the whole package'   

 'I know, but he could be like him...,' I replied to my wolf, she sighed and grunted in agreement.

'Let's at least give him a chance, please. We've been suffering for too long,' 

I snapped back into reality when I heard Lulu saying my name, Hunter's eyes bore into mine. The noise around me drowned out, all I could hear was my heart beating fast. Hunter cleared his throat and then focused on the names being called out.

"Alpha Hunter," Lucinda announced.

"Yes?"

"Uh... your name was called out," the kids giggled a little at Hunter's blonde moment.

"Oh," Hunter paused while scratching his head, "right," he glanced at me through the side of his now sea blue eyes.

The Twister games were now set up, and once again, Sandy and her sister continued to fight for their life about the two starlets. I was almost glad to get away from that conversation, even if I was playing with the alpha. I stood up from my seat and strided towards the Twister mat across the room. Four children were seated around the colourful mat, chatting to their friends next to them as they waited for Hunter to join us from playing with a cute toddler.  

The Alpha strolled to the mat, locking eyes with mine again. I got tingles in my spine when he looked at me..

'Imagine what it'll be like when he touches us...'

I pictured a scene of Hunter roaming his hot fingertips over my bare skin, caressing humble circles on my chest, moving upwards slowly towards my neck and ears... pressing his lips on my flesh as he inspects my unusual lavender eyes. He kisses his way up to my left ear and whispers in it,

"Anna... Anna? Hello...?" Hunter was calling out to me during my imagination's very vivid dream, and while I was also seductively licking my lips thinking I was in my day dream.

"Oh, sorry," I came back to reality. Hunter's eyes stared into mine, they suddenly went a deep blue colour. He quickly looked away and ran his hands through his hair.

"Let's do this," he said.

"Okie-dokey Mr Alpha!" A chirpy young girl said enthusiastically while snatching the colourful Twister spinner.

I smiled at her attitude and laughed through my nose. 

Hunter and I worked as a team by smoothing out the mat, I tried to avoid meeting his eyes. I couldn't trust myself to keep hold of my cool.

The little girl flicked the plastic spinner around but quickly flinched back,

"Ouchie!! That hurt my finger!" 

A groan came from one of the boys who seemed to be about her age,

"Ugh, suck it up!"

The feisty girl glared at him and looked down at what she had spun. I smiled, I had a feeling they'll get along well when they're older.

"Left foot blue," she announced.

"Ladies first," Hunter smirked at me while point to the mat. I responded by sending him a sarcastic smile.

I got on the mat and put my left foot on a plastic blue circle that was closest to the edge of the mat.