Chapter 22

Cassidy's P.O.V.

I wake up the next morning and roll to the side excepting to land on Jack's chest but the bed is empty and I'm now laying on my stomach where he should be.

Is this some joke? The day after we have such a connection together he doesn't even stay the morning.

I get out of bed and pull a pair of sweatpants on and a sports bra. I love being home alone because it means I can wear basically nothing, and be comfy without anyone judging me.

I grab my phone off my dresser and there's a note right beside it. I notice Jack's sloppy, all over the place handwriting right away.

-Cass

Sorry I wasn't able to see your beautiful face this morning. I had to be somewhere... See you later tonight?

-J

I make myself a bowl of Lucky Charms and sit down on the couch and watch some Friends. I've been watch T.V. all day and it's just after lunch and I still haven't heard from Jack. I'm not gonna be the one to text him first, he's the one who left me. But I can't help but jump when I get a text message. I relax when I see it's from Jamie.

J: "Hey girl, whatcha doing?"

C: "Nm bored as always"

J: "No Jack?"

C: "Nope"

J: "Weird, I haven't seen him all day, I thought he was with you.

Now this is weird Jack hasn't even stopped home yet.

C: "yeaa"

J: "So if your not doing anything, you can come over and chill if you want?"

C: "Okk, better then sitting around waiting all day. I'll be over in a few"

I turn the T.V. off and go up to my room and pull a plain white V-neck over my sports bra and throw on a pair of leggings. I slip my feet into a pair of flip flops and tie my hair up in a pony tail and I'm done. I grab the keys to my car and I'm off. It takes less then five minutes to get to Jamie's house since she lives like two blocks away. I park in the street in front of her house. I notice her car is here, and so is her parents but Jack's Jeep isn't. Jamie's house is basically my second home so I just walk in.

"JAMIE" I call out.

"In here" she replies and I follow her voice to her bedroom.

She's sitting in bed painting her nails, and I pick out a color so she can do mine next.

"So what's new? I feel like I haven't seen you in forever" she says.

"I know I missed you, I just feel that now that I'm dating your brother it's gonna be weird between us" I say and concentrate on the pattern on her bed spread.

"Oh please Cass. How long have you known me now? Do I seriously look like I give a shit if you want to talk smack about my brother? I might even join in with you sometimes" she says and I look up at her and she is smiling.

I smile back at her "Now that is why were best friends and I love you to death" I reply.

"So dating?" she says and smirks at me.

"I was hoping you wouldn't have picked up on that" I say, my cheeks turning red.

"Awe, your blushing! So when did he make it official? she asks.

"2 days ago on July 9th" I say my cheeks still red.

"Awe, how did he do it?" she asks.

I tell her the story and the whole time she listens and comments on certain parts.

"So now that you have heard all about my relationship life, what's new with you?" I ask and something in her expression changes and I notice it right away.

"What's wrong? I ask noticing the tension.

"I saw Cameron the other day" she says and looks up at me. All the red is gone
in my cheeks and my face is pale.

"What did he say" I ask.

"Nothing much, he just wondered how you were" she says and I let a soft breath out.

"Cass why did you and Cameron ever break up?" she asks.

Jack's P.O.V.

I snuck out of Cassidy's early in the morning. I left her a note saying I had somewhere to be. I hate keeping things from her but some things she just can't know about me right away. I had a past before her and I hope to keep it in the past. I know she is probably gonna be mad at me for leaving, but this is for the best.

After I was done with what I had to do I wanted to stop home get something to eat, change, shower, and all that other stuff. When I pulled up in front of my house I saw Cassidy's car. I wasn't planning on seeing her so soon. She must be with Jamie. Hopefully she can keep her busy so I don't have to explain myself to her in front of everyone.

I slowly open the front door and creep up the stairs trying not to make so much noise. I hear Jamie and Cass talking in Jamie's room. I hear Cameron's name mentioned and I take a few steps closer to hear what there talking about.