Chapter 12

Cassidy's P.O.V.

I lift my head up from Jack's shoulder and stare at him, admiring all the features about him. His sharp jaw line, the messy hair, his eyebrows, his long eyelashes, I could go on forever. But he turns his head to the side and looks at me.

What? he asks with a smile.

"Nothing" I say swallowing a laugh.

"Were you just checking me out?" he asks with a smirk.

"Nope" I say popping the "p."

"Ok sure" he says sarcastically.

"Ok maybe a little" I say with a giggle, and I cover my mouth.

"Why did you cover your mouth?"

"Because I just giggled and I never giggle"

"Why? it's adorable, just like you" he says grabbing my hands and taking them off my mouth.

"To cheesy?" he says and I laugh again.

"Just a little" I say and smile.

We get caught up in the moment and Jack starts to lean in. I first lean my forehead against his.

"Are we really going to do this?" I ask nervously.

"It's up to you."

I press my lips against his and sparks immediately fly. I know it sounds cliché but it was honestly perfect. Our heads moved in synch, and our lips never broke apart. His tongue traced along my bottom lip asking for entrance and I let him. After a while we broke apart because we were both finally out of breath.

"Wellllll, that was intense" Jack said breaking the silence.

I awkwardly laugh and he nudges my shoulder. I lean my head against his shoulder and he kisses the top of my head.

"I don't think I'm ready to break up with Cameron yet" I say playing with my hair to distract myself.

He grabs my hands and holds them.

"I can wait forever, if it's waiting for you" Jack says and I look up at him.

A tear forms in the corner of my eye and I quickly blink it away.

"Just don't take to long because I want you to be mine, and only mine" he says and holds my face in his hands and kisses me passionately.

I wrap my hands around his neck and deepen the kiss. We start making out till we hear a car horn.

"Get in we, have company coming" Jamie yells from her car.

"What are you talking about?" I yell back standing up and dusting myself off.

"I will explain on the way now hurry up" she yells to us.

I run to my car while Jack climbs into Jamie's. I follow her along the dirt road and when we get back onto the main road she pulls into the old diner.

"Now can you tell us what the hell is going on?" I ask.

Jack grabs my hand under the table and rubs his thumb on the inside of my palm, which calms me down.

"Ok, ok. Well first Cameron called while you and Jack where still down at the lake, so I let it go to voicemail. He left a message so I listened to it, and he sounded really mad. In the message he said he heard from someone that you and Jack were down by the lake fooling around. None of us told him you were there so someone must have seen you guys."

I bury my head in my hands and she continues.

"He said he was on his way there now and you were in for a rude awaking. I was scared so I booked it to the lake and thank god you guys were still there, when I pulled up." she finishes.

"So basically someone saw me and Cass down by the lake, and called Cameron, and told him?" Jack asked.

"Yea, Cameron didn't say who told him in the message though" she says.

"Why can't anything go right? A minute of happiness for me must equal a lifetime of sadness" I say.

"Jamie, can you leave me and Cass alone for a second?" Jack asks.

"Yea sure, I'm gonna go use the bathroom" she says and walks away.

When she leaves I lift my head up and rest in on Jack's chest, and he wraps his arms around me.

"You were my minute of happiness" I say into his chest.

"And your my lifetime" he says into my hair.

"Jack you realize if Cameron thinks we were hooking up by the lake we can't be seen together" I say and look up at him.

"I thought nothing could keep us apart?" he says.

"Well something just did, I'm sorry Jack" I say and reach up and kiss his cheek.

"I have to go, don't call me, I will get in touch with you" I say and pull away.

"Cass wait..." he says and pulls me back down.

His hands rest on my hips and he kisses me deeply sending me into shock. When he pulls away I take that as my cue to leave. I give him one last peck on the cheek and I walk out of the diner.