Chapter 15

Cassidy's P.O.V.

By the time I wake up Jack is still asleep. So I quietly slip out not wanting it to be awkward when his parents, and him wake up. Tonight is supposed to be our date night but I think I wanna cancel. I am honestly doing something very wrong going behind Cameron's back like this, and lying when I'm supposed to be ending things with him. I just got so caught up in how I feel about Jack that I am treating Cameron like shit. Even though we are going to end things, especially after last night, Cameron was my first love. I have honestly never been good at the whole breaking up thing I always still get hurt in the end.

By the time I get home my head is killing me. So I take a quick shower throwing on an old t-shirt, that was my dad's, and a pair of yoga pants. I put my hair up into a messy bun and grab a snack. I take a advil and head up to my room. My parents left a note saying they went out to the store and will be home with dinner later.

I guess I didn't do that good of shopping I say in my head.

When I get in my room I turn on the tv to Netflix and put on Gossip Girl, my all time favorite show. I take out my phone wanting to text Jack, and just as I'm about to I get a message from him.

J: hey, cant wait for tonight, im better cook then you think i am!

C: about tonight... i spent a lot of time thinking when i was walking home. i just dont feel right about going behind Camerons back tbh i feel like a slut. talking to you and dating cameron. its honestly not your fault, i guess i just got caught up in all the feelings and didnt realize how i am hurting cameron, even if we are going to break up... but i just think we should keep things as normal as possible till i break things off with cameron which will be soon dw...

J: i understand...

C: please dont be mad, i will make it up to you i swear!

J: dw about it, i'll talk to u later i guess

C: sorry...

After that Jack never replied and I knew he was mad.

"Ughhhhh" I yell into my pillow.

Why do boys have to be so difficult? Honestly, even though most of this is my fault, why can't he realize this is hard for me. Sometimes I wish I could just be like one of those families who have their family pick there husband.

After being upset about Jack for a little I pull my phone out again wanting to text Cameron because I haven't talked to him since last night and he probably doesn't even remember it.

Cassidy: hey, we seriously need to talk, meet me at the diner tonight at 7:30?

Cameron: sure, but whats there to talk about?

Cassidy: a lot, promise u will be there?

Cameron: ya i'll be there

After that I go into my closet and change out of my shirt and into a nicer sweatshirt. I go into the bathroom and brush out my hair and pull it into a messy ponytail. I apply a little mascara so I don't look that much like a bum.

At around 7:00 I tell my parents I'm heading out and to not wait up for me. I get in my car and drive to the diner, I get there extra early to make sure we have a table and don't have to wait.

While waiting for Cameron I text Jamie and I talk about how nervous I am, she tells me that Jack doesn't seem that mad just a little disappointed. I guess that takes some of the pressure off my shoulders, but deffinatly not all of it.

By 7:30 I see Cameron's car pull up and I start to get nervous. He walks in and I wave him over. As he gets closer you can tell he looks like death.