25

Chapter 25: More Then A Toy LAST CHAPTER

I turned around. Even though I knew who it was by the sound of his voice, I was still startled to see who it was. The man smirked at the nervousness that became evident in my eyes. I would remember the look in his eyes for the rest of my life, which may come to an end soon actually.

"Come along, why don't you?" he said.

I looked back at Percy one last time before an iron hand clamped around my wrist and dragged me forward.

"Weapons at the ready," Luke said to me with his infamous sly smirk and blazing eyes. I felt my heart pratically melt in my chest before I snapped out of it. I licked my lips and got my knife out.

We began our fight with a mutual agreement between our eyes. I was very uncertain if I would win that fight, but I wouldn't let it show. No, I'd never let it show. We were not evenly matched but I was putting up a good fight.

I noticed without noticing that we drew the attention of every person in the room. Luke's thoughts were the loudest. He was always a very loud person.

As I looked in his blue, yes blue, eyes, he came to a standstill. I didn't realize he had stopped until my knife cut him across the side of his throat. He hissed and cupped his throat with his hand while using the other with the blade to smack my knife out of my hand.

He glared at me severely, in a way he had never glared at me before. I was very aware of the audience around us, I felt their stares.

Luke only had one word to say to me. "Come."

I dropped my head like a small child who knows he has done wrong, and follow him slowly. Now, if I had been allowed to be Annabeth instead of Trish then I would hold my head up high and glare at anyone who challenged me. But I'm Trish. So I looked like an injured puppy.

Luke didn't look behind him, he knew I would follow.

After a while, I made it to what could only have been his private office. I was so scared that I couldn't even make myself take in my surrondings. Pathetic, I know.

I watched as Luke bandaged his neck to prevent himself from bleeding out. He then turned to me with a strange glimmer in his eyes.

"Your name?" he asked.

He mustve known who I was, who I really was, right? Or else he wouldn't have called me in. He was toying with me, I just knew it.

"Trish Parks" I said confidently, but with a little fear mixed in. What bothered me most was that that fear was real.

"Trish, huh?" he said, voice amused. "Well, Trish. I've decided to put you on my latest mission."

I was startled. What was he talking about? He MUST know it was me.

"Uhmm?" I moaned, at a loss for words.

"We're getting ready to dock to pick up some more very suspectible half bloods. I want you on my team."

I couldn't help but feel like there was more to that then I felt like interpreting.

"Okay..and when will this be...happening?" I asked slowly.

"In..two days...understandddd?" he said, making fun of how slowly I was talking before.

"Yeah." I said quickly.

"Okay, you're dismissed."

As I was about to turn around and walk out, he gave me the Luke Look, the one that made me melt all those years ago. I stopped and stared at him with my head tilted.

I mentally shook myself out of it and walked to the door. His last words made me jump.

"I'll be watching you, Princess. You're more then what meets the eye, aren't you? And keep that knife close, it's a good one I see."

I walked out hastily. He DID know my secret. He used my old nickname twice. And he reffered to the weapon he himself had given me almost ten years ago. The question was, why was he playing with me and not just killing me before I could become a bigger threat? Then the answer hit me harder then a tidal wave.

Luke was going to use me to send a message.

Discontinued
I wrote this probably about in 6-7 grade which was 3 years ago! I don't even know what's going on...I'm not going to continue this story a friend and I took turns writing this so that's why it was a bit of a mess.

My friend sadly she passed away in a car accident a year ago. I'm not going to continue this story without her here. sorry everone.