15

Chapter 15: Here comes Peter Cottontail

"Yeah, maybe Prince Charming will come and sweep me off my feet."

"Maybe Prince Charming is here and waiting to do just that."

"Yeah, maybe." I said.

"Oh, what if I decided I wanted to become a leprachaun and started walking on my knees, talked with an Irish accent, drank lots of beer, and got into arguments with old people 'cause they just don't understand what it's like being a midget?" Percy asked.

"No, Sal, I would not break up with you." I repeated for the millionth time.

Thalia and I had made up and now we had to listen to Percy being all paranoid and asking dumb questions. Thalia had an amused expression on as we sat, eating luch, at an empty table. "What if I went crazy and decided to wear a big pink furry bunny suit forever and changed my name to Peter Cottontail?" he asked.

"Are you planning on doing that anytime soon?"

"...no."

"Then you have nothing to worry about."

"Yeah, but what if-"

"JUST SHUT UP, I'M NOT BREAKING UP WITH YOU!" I screamed.

Everyone went quiet and stared at me, I blushed crimson and sank down in my seat. Thalia burst into uncontrollable laughter, the silence shatterd and people got back to what they were doing. I felt eyes on me so I turned around, there was Luke, staring at me with an amused expression. I whipped back around when his eyes met mine and buried myself in Percy's shoulder, he knew I was tense so he put an arm around me.

He lightened the mood by balancing a hotdog on his nose, I smiled and squirted bright red ketchup all over his face. The hotdog dropped in his lap, he picked it up, rubbed it against his face, and ate the now red weiner in the course of 5 seconds. "Wow, that was..." I said at a loss for words.

"Amazing, hot, sexy?" he purred.

"I was going more toward disgusting, gross, weird." I smirked.

"Oh, puh-lease. You're just saying that to hide the fact that you are imensely attracted to me and find my every stupid antic beyond sexy." he said.

"Yup, that's definitely it. You're so smart." I complimented sarcasticly.

"Why, thank you."

I slapped a hand to my forehead and shook my head disapprovingly, he's so stupid...but that was pretty damn sexy. Thalia smirked from across the table, I pulled a Percy-I stuck my tongue out at her and mad moose antlers with my hands. "Oh my gods, I can't believe you just did that." Thalia laughed.

I blushed again but this time I gave her the finger. "Mhmm, I went there."

"Well then!"

"And you say I'm immature." Percy mummbled.

"Oh, honey...yeah. I mean you did knock yourself out with a bundle of grapes."

He shuddered at the memory and gave me a grimace. "What are you talking about?" Thalia asked.

"Long story. Best left unkown."

"Is that, like, your slogan now?" she said.

"But of course!"

She just smiled and shook her head pitifully. "It'a damn good thing you're pretty."