16

Chapter 16: Who says lightning never strikes twice?

"Okay, we are getting wayyyy off task guys." Thalia said.

We were sitting in my room just chilling out on my bed, I was eating grapes and we were discussing plans. Yup, right up my ally.

"Wait, you guys never told me what we were supposed to even be doing here!" I almost shouted.

"Aww, shit. Why didn't you tell me sooner? We were sent on this quest because Luke keeps getting more and more recruits and we're trying to figure out where they're getting them from."

I pondered this for a moment. "Makes sense." I agreed with a nod.

"Hey, I wonder if we can order pizza from here. Can't they just, like, bring a boat and deliver it. But then again, it would probably get cold..." Percy said.

We both stared at him like he was the biggest idiot we'd ever met, actually, haha, he was. He put his hands up, palms facing us, in surrender. "I hate boats." Thalia grummbled. "They make me dizzy, it smells like fucking burnt fishsticks in here."

Now that she said it, I knew what she was talking about. I wrinkled my nose in disgust and ate a couple more grapes. "Err, guys, that's from me." Percy admitted, we gave him questioning looks. "Well Thalia over there," He glanced at her with a sneer. "decided to practice her little fireworks charade and burnt me."

"Oh, get over yourself, Fishstick."

"You get over yourself, Sparky."

Faster than I thought was phsically possible, she had her knife out and she traced it gently across his foot, a thin line of blood quickly rolled down. He grimaced and shot her a death glare as I threw water on it. I watched with fascination as the skin knit itself back together and looked good as new. "Really, Thals? Really?" I asked.

"He called me Sparky, I am not going to take that lying down!" I looked pointedly at the bed she was laying on. "Shut up."

"Give me some grapes." Percy whined.

"Umm, no." I said firmly, I quickly continued before he could argue. "You're going to choke again. Don't be stupid. It's hard, I know, just try, for me."

He looked hurt then he defiantly snatched about a dozen grapes from me. He popped a couple into his mouth and chewed them, as if that made up for the last time he ate them. "You know what, you really underestimate me. I think you could trust me with a vegetable."

"Grapes are fruit." I corrected.

"Your point..."

I sighed and shook my head, Thalia was still glaring at Percy and I could practically see what was going through her mind. Her slicing Percy up into tiny ribbons then throwing them overboard, "Let's see you use your powers now, you dumb Fishstick!"

I jumped up and looked at her in alarm, she did the same and we stared at each other with wide eyes. "Did I just-"

"I think so!" she cut me off.

"But how is that even-"

"Possible? I know! This is so weird!"

I couldn't believe it, I had just red her mind. Percy grabbed a book and promptly smacked himself on the head with it repeatedly. "Guys, really! I want to know what's going on too. Keep me in the dam loop." he begged. We both stopped squealing and glared at him harshly. "Or not..." he mummbled.

We got a hold of ourselves and sat back down. I stared out the little porthole when Thalia suddenly said, "Umm, Annabeth, your boyfriend is choking on grapes."

I sat up quickly and looked down at him in disbelief. "I told you, you idiot!" I screamed and punched him as hard as I could in the stomach, he spit it out and slumped, unconscious.

"Who says lightning never strikes twice!" Thalia shouted.

Haha, ironic. I looked down at my boyfriend. "You really need to start listening to me more often..."