4

Chapter 4: It Started With A Picture

I woke up to someone repeating my name over and over again. I opened my eyes and rolled over, Percy had his arms wrapped around me, he was mummbling my name in his sleep. I smiled, I can't believe he still does that. Well on the bright side, no drool.

I tried getting off the bed quietly but that plan was ruined when my leg got caught in the blanket and I fell off of it with a loud thump. "Oww." I said, rubbing my head. Percy jumped off the bed and fell off next to me, I started laughing at him and he gave me a confused look. "You'd think that you would have woke up when I fell but I say 'Oww.' quietly and you spring into action." I said.

He smiled and helped me up. "Well that was a weird way to say good morning." he said with a smile. I shrugged and walked into the kitchen, Percy followed behind. "Watcha want for breakfast?"

"I honesty don't care, I'll have whatever you're having." I told him.

"Okay, eggs, bacon, and toast coming up."

I sat down and watched him cook, he looked inside a cupboard and burst into laughter. I raised my eyebrows and walked over to him. He saw me coming and closed the cupboard hastily. "What is in there?" I asked. He shook his head and guarded whatever he was laughing about. "I'll have to knock you out if you don't show me." I threatened.

"No way in Hades are you ever seeing what's in there. You would gut me and hang me on the roof to dry." he said.

"5, 4, 3, 2, 1." I counted. He didn't move and I punched him in the stomach and kicked him between the legs, he doubled over and I opened the cupboard. I turned completely red when I saw what was inside. There was a picture of me in an embarassing bikini and I was drenched and screaming at my bothers for throwing water on me. "You were right, you will be gutted. Where did you get this?" I asked.

"Wasn't me, swear. It was just in there." he said, his voice was higher like 5 octaves.

I ripped up the picture and threw it away, then I went and sat back down. Percy stared mournfully at the trash can so I threw my shoe at him. It hit him on the nose and he rolled his eyes. He went back to the same cupboard and smiled, he pulled out a matching pink apron and chef's hat. I laughed at him. "Well put them on." I encouraged.

"No." he said.

"Please, Percy." I begged.

He sighed and rolled his eyes, he put the apron and hat on and I burst into laughter. They had hearts all over it but when I saw the writing I blushed. It said 'Kiss the chef.' Percy managed to read it after a minute and smiled expectantly at me. He took a slow step closer and I jumped out of my chair and tried to escape. He grabbed my arm before I could get a foot away and he twirled me around and gave me a kiss.

I waited for him to finish but I got bored so I kissed him back. I meant for it to be a small kiss so I could pull away quickly but it didn't work out so well. Our kiss was longer then I meant it to be and before I knew it, we were both gasping for air. "Now why in Zeus' name did you have to kiss me?" I asked stubbornly.

"Why in Zeus' name did you rip up that picture and kiss me back?" he remarked.

Crap, he caught me. "I thought Aphrodite would get a kick out of is all." I said.

He rolled his eyes and finished cooking breakfast. It was really good, he might not be smart but Seeweed Brain sure can cook.

When we were done eating we went back up to the deck. I watched as Percy practiced his sword moves. Was it just me or did I see a faint glow on the other side of the deck? I shrugged and watched as Percy slashed at another invisible enemy. I laughed when he tripped and fell face-first at my feet. "This just isn't your week hugh? You get sliced open, bruised up, yelled at, and tripped all in the course of two days. What will be next?" I asked.

He army-crawled next to me and pulled me to the ground next to him and he kissed me. Then out of nowhere, I heard a familar voice say, "Get a room." I looked up and was shocked when I saw who was grinning at us, leaning against the door to the room.